I'm a regular night owl.
I just loooooooove the night. The darkness it brings, the quiet, the solitude. It does wonders for my muse, for my soul.
Only problem is, that means I hardly ever sleep. :S
It gets me in a hell of a lot of bother too, take today for instance:
I slept through half of a very important Physics lecture, only got woken up when my friend txted me from 2 rows behind ^^
Then, I had a wonderful 3 hour Chemistry lab in the afternoon, and was so tired I could barely read. No joke
Hopefully I did alright in the end.
I also took a couple of white friends out today, we just chilled in town. I wanted them to try out unagi (eel) at an awesome Japanese restaurant, but we ran short on time. Had to rush and stuff, but at least they had a quick taste
Anyone else like eel? I love it
Om nom nom nom
Oh, and in case you didn't know, I'm Chinese.
I love the Chinese and Japanese cultures, and take great pleasure in comparing the 2.
Most differences can boil down to this simple comparison: Buddhism vs Bushido
Both so similar, yet so different
Japanese martial arts vs Chinese martial arts.
Remnants of ancient culture echo through to the present, and it is a truly remarkable view to behold.
Another fact about me: I'm extremely musical. I play several instruments, and am addicted to my music. I've been relying on my music to keep me sane/alive for many many years.
I started learning the piano at the age of 9, stopped learning at 14. I stopped in the middle of Grade 4 (for piano, not school), but I've continued playing.
I was given a simple, 6-hole sweet potato Ocarina as a child, but never really understood what it was. I thought it was a glorified whistle ^^
Sometime around the time I started learning the piano, I also taught myself how to play it. I loved the sound it had (kind of a rich, tradition wood flute sound), and would carry it with me most places.
Unfortunately, it broke when I was 13, and I've never had a replacement since
I also started teaching myself how to play the acoustic guitar a couple of years ago, and the bass last year.
To be honest, the bass is an insanely easy instrument to play
Still, a skilled bass player is skilled
I dabbled in drums, but never really liked it
I also tried out DJ'ing, and I loved it, but couldn't afford to continue
I would love to learn how to play the harp one day, but that'll have to be a long time away
Heck, if I had the time and resources, I'd learn how to play the saxophone, violin, double bass, panpipes, flute, clarinet, Er-Hu, Koto, Pipa and countless more
Anyway, it's getting late, and I have a busy day ahead. We shall have to continue this another day.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2297 Active Users (276 Members and 2021 Guests)
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 1 second ago
- › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread 12 seconds ago
- › GPU advice 2 minutes ago
- › KDE Neon, System Monitor: Wrong/stuck Average Clock Frequency 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD Ryzen DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ideas for monitor 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 6 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Announces 2nd Gen Ryzen & Vega Coming Next Year On 12nm 7 minutes ago
- › [PCWorld] AMD Radeon phases out the CrossFire brand as multi-GPU... 8 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 9 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...