Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3051 Active Users (397 Members and 2654 Guests)
- › [ASUS] RoG Swift PG278Q Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › [WCCF] AMD To Introduce x86 Piledriver Based Flagship FX-8370... 1 minute ago
- › [Sponsored] Sour Apple (photo heavy) 1 minute ago
- › [Sponsored] <<<<<<<< "PARVUM WARFARE" >>>>>>>> 2 minutes ago
- › OCN Mod of the Month August 2014 - Sponsored Class! Voting now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › NCASE M1 prototype, a Mini-ITX Case 4 minutes ago
- › [NW/FT] World's First Octa-Core 64 Bit Smartphone To Be Launched 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] The LittleDevil / LDcooling Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › Educated Guesswork on nVidia's 800 Series 5 minutes ago
- › Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by SRICE4904
- › Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz LGA 2011 by SRICE4904
- › COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black... by CrazyElf
- › ZALMAN ZM-T2 Computer Case by M3nta1
- › SeaSonic SS-350ET Bronze 350W Power Supply by jsc1973
- › Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter)... by Sensei Andrew
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by ganzosrevenge
- › LG Nexus 5 D820 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Android... by Biosht
- › EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 850W Power... by JackCY
- › Corsair Obsidian 350D by ganzosrevenge
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...