Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2679 Active Users (499 Members and 2180 Guests)
- › Bitspower Owners gallery 29 seconds ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 1 minute ago
- › Tutorial: Power Target limit hardware mod (Shunt mod) for Titan X... 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide 2 minutes ago
- › 2560x1440 on 27" or 32"? 3 minutes ago
- › Reinstalling Windows necessary? 4 minutes ago
- › 8th BOINC Pentathlon - May 5th - 19th 2017 4 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Royal Navy: Rising from the Depths 6 minutes ago
- › Alphacool water cooling users thread 6 minutes ago
- › XFX Gts XXX Edition Rx 580 8GB OC+ 1386Mhz DDR5 3xDP HDMI DVI... by Jedson3614
- › GIGABYTE GM-M6980X Black Wired Pro-Laser Mouse by ramonamiller
- › Orion TV 22 inch by fedrosishere
- › Kanto YU4 Powered Speakers with Bluetooth and Phono Preamp - Gloss... by SightUp
- › Gigabyte XTREME Gaming Mouse (GM-XM300) by orlahirish
- › Superlux HD 681 Dynamic Semi-Open Headphones by raisethe3
- › Logitech G Pro Gaming FPS Mouse with Advanced Gaming Sensor for... by raisethe3
- › AMD YD1700BBAEBOX Ryzen 7 1700 Processor with Wraith Spire LED Cooler by bluedevil
- › Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A by 1n5aN1aC
- › DIYPC Alpha-GT3 Bench Computer Case by rediornot
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's