Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3106 Active Users (620 Members and 2486 Guests)
- › What are your thoughts on my cooling idea? 13 seconds ago
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 28 seconds ago
- › [Bethesda.net] Fallout 4 System Requirements/Recommendation 51 seconds ago
- › [Official] Acer Predator XB270HU Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Gigabyte Z170 \ H170 \ B150 Discussion, Help and Owners Club (... 1 minute ago
- › Replacing Cooler master sickle flows, need suggestions 1 minute ago
- › [techinside] Rinspeed's self-driving sports concept car comes with... 2 minutes ago
- › Silent while watching a movie PSU? 3 minutes ago
- › Best mouse Bungee 3 minutes ago
- › EK-Predator Product News & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mushkin 120GB Enhanced ECO2 2.5" SATA III MLC External Solid... by Caldeio
- › Supermicro Motherboard ATX DDR4 3000 C7X99-OCE-O by Hukkel
- › CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply by buttface420
- › PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card VCGGTX9804XPB-CG by jlhawn
- › Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard with Game Panel LCD Screen by Lady Fitzgerald
- › MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard Z170A GAMING M7 by ObscureParadox
- › Poseidon Z RGB Blue Switch KB-PZR-KLBRUS-01 by NerdinOut
- › JVC HAFX102B XX Xtreme Bass Earbuds, Black by un-midas touch
- › Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery (Technician) - Lifetime License by oliverpowell
- › Mionix Castor Multi-Color Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse,... by Maximillion
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning
- › Regarding CSGO MouseMovementRecorder
- › Dangerous Things: xNTi NFC Tag Implants