Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2264 Active Users (495 Members and 1769 Guests)
- › OCN Aquaero Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Star Wars Battlefront 3 - may Release November 2015. 1 minute ago
- › Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Gaming Mouse 1 minute ago
- › FSP Aurium 400W 80 Plus Gold PSU 2 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN X Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › [cpu monkey] Some benchmarks of i7-6700K 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 7 minutes ago
- › Best 30"+ 4k monitor? 7 minutes ago
- › EK Club 8 minutes ago
- › G.SKILL NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3... by Elektro
- › Mayhems Biocide Extreme by NewUser16
- › Rosewill Neutron Mini ITX Computer Case, Supports VGA Card Length... by Skye12977
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 by WilliamGayde
- › ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5 GTX 980 OC 4GB GDDR5... by WeRNothiNg
- › XSPC Photon 170 Glass Tube Cylinder Reservoir by tytechguy
- › Nikon D90 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) by Mads1
- › XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Modular PSU ATX 650 Energy Star Certified... by amd-dude
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by tmontney
- › ASRock FM2A55M-HD+ Micro ATX AMD Motherboard by Elektro
- › The Big VR Face-Off
- › Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 2x8GB 1600mhz Cl10
- › loading sound card into PCIe Slot
- › A collection of thoughts about graphics cards...
- › Intel Haswell CPU review - Core i7 4790K,...
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU