Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2499 Active Users (614 Members and 1885 Guests)
- › High End: Mint EVGA GTX 780ti KINGPIN (x2) 36 seconds ago
- › Computer Freezing Problems(every half second - 2 seconds) 2 minutes ago
- › cooler backplate blocked 2 minutes ago
- › Catzilla Top 30 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cheap & Quiet fan for 4670k 3 minutes ago
- › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X and CM Glacer 240L/360L Owners' Club 4 minutes ago
- › [polygon] The Last of Us Remastered Will Have Day-One Patch for... 4 minutes ago
- › [wccf] Crucial DDR4 Memory Kits Available For Pre-order 4 minutes ago
- › LF mini-ITX case. Need some reccomendation. 4 minutes ago
- › re-doing loop...questions need answered 5 minutes ago
- › Lian Li PC-Q03B Computer Case by magic8192
- › USM EASYSWAP Storage Bay Adapter - Internal - Black by Pleco
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by WilliamGayde
- › Enermax Revolution87+ 1000 Watts Gold Certified Power Supply... by Gregory14
- › Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD by WilliamGayde
- › Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 1866 2x4gb by oldcompgeek
- › CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply by TheN00bBuilder
- › AMD A4-3300 APU with AMD Radeon 6410 HD Graphics 2.5GHz Socket FM1... by newbiegeekie
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black) by t522
- › powercom SMK-2000A UPS by Zero4549
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...