Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2289 Active Users (448 Members and 1841 Guests)
- › [YT] Is DirectX 12 Killing SLI & Crossfire Gaming? 1 minute ago
- › [Delidded Tech] TechPowerUp “Advertorial By AMD” Draws Controversy... 1 minute ago
- › [Game-Debate] Playstation 4 is like a 5 Year Old PC Holding Back... 1 minute ago
- › How Abusive am I being? 2x1080ti and r9 FuryX on 850w 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 2 minutes ago
- › [DSOG] Bluehole wants to offer cross-play between Xbox One and PC... 2 minutes ago
- › [SPONSORED] IKONiK • Case Mod • (1st Official Mod Of The Be Quiet... 2 minutes ago
- › [reddit] Amd Radeon Vega User Benchmarks 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung C32HG70 vs. AOC AG322QCX Which one will you choose? 2 minutes ago
- › [Hexus] Review: Intel Core i9-7900X (14nm Skylake-X) 2 minutes ago
- › ID-COOLING Auraflow 240 RGB AIO Cooler by DaveLT
- › Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Quiet CPU Cooler for Intel LGA 2011 Socket... by DontDoCovfefe
- › Acer - GN246HL 24" LCD 1ms 144Hz HDMI 3D 1080p Monitor by oobymach
- › Enermax CPU Air Cooler 250W+ Intel/AMD PDF Design, DFR Technology,... by zenstrive
- › Samsung 850 EVO 4TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E4T0B/AM) by Lady Fitzgerald
- › StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX 4 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics... by Duality92
- › Jonsbo VR2 - Tempered Glass and Aluminium case by Duality92
- › iiyama G-MASTER GB2788HS TN 27" Black Full HD by FuwyFun
- › Xbox Wireless Controller - White by FuwyFun
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency