Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3713 Active Users (776 Members and 2937 Guests)
- › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club 38 seconds ago
- › Is 2500k still viable? 40 seconds ago
- › [WSJ] Intel, Micron Claim Chip Breakthrough 1 minute ago
- › Phantom 530 or CM Storm Trooper ? 1 minute ago
- › FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies 2 minutes ago
- › SSD Caching Software 2 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte x99 SOC Champion Discussion\Owners's Club 2 minutes ago
- › [TM] Russian Billionaire To Spend $100,000,000 To Find Aliens 2 minutes ago
- › [AA] OnePlus 2 Officially Announced 3 minutes ago
- › [Eurogamer] Uncharted 4 pushes PS4 tech to the next level 3 minutes ago
- › Sapphire Radeon VAPOR-X R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP with... by WorldOfMine
- › Rosewill ATX Mid Tower Black Gaming Computer Case Galaxy-01 by WorldOfMine
- › Intel Core i3-4370 3.8GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor by WorldOfMine
- › Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop by Nfsdude0125
- › Alienware 15 ANW15-5350SLV 15.6" i7-4710HQ 16GB 128GB SSD +... by bluehawaiiASTR
- › PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller by sbcontt
- › Hayate Otsu Soft L Japan Violet | Samurai Gaming Mouse Pad (Made in... by Arizonian
- › SteelSeries Apex M800 Customizable Mechanical Gaming Keyboard by WilliamGayde
- › HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse pad (Made in Japan) by Arizonian
- › Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power... by thesuperegoist
- › BenQ FP241W not working with certain games.
- › New User -Opinions/Information Needed
- › Grand Theft Auto V build 393.2 - Performance...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test
- › How To - Fix Intel CPU + Geforce GTX SLI -...
- › The GTX 780 TI SLI - End of Life -...
- › I need some help with Overclock
- › How to raid 0 on 2 x SSD or 2 x HDD as...
- › Overclocking Ram - Crucial Ballistix Sport...
- › The Big VR Face-Off