Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2764 Active Users (592 Members and 2172 Guests)
- › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / X2 FIJI Owners Club just now
- › [Official] Corsair Carbide Series [200R/300R/400R/500R] Owners Club 6 seconds ago
- › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Samsung SSD830/840/850 Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread 2 minutes ago
- › Project Fortis [Parvum ATX Build] 2 minutes ago
- › [Various] Ashes of the Singularity DX12 Benchmarks 3 minutes ago
- › [EVGA] Evga gtx 980 TI Sc brand new opened box 1 week old 3 minutes ago
- › somewhat objectively evaluating sensor responsiveness 4 minutes ago
- › EK Club 4 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop Processor by thesuperegoist
- › EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2 Power Supply 220-P2-1200-X2 by Ypsylon
- › VAIO Z (2015 Model) by hydroninja9
- › Samsung U28E850R 28.0 inch Widescreen 1,000:1 1ms... by Hattifnatten
- › COOLER MASTER HAF X nVidia Edition NV-942-KKN1 Computer Case by wrath04
- › Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by Niobium
- › Cooler Master Nepton 280L - Water Cooling System with Dual JetFlo... by Thetbrett
- › Intel Core i7-960 Processor 3.20 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1366 by AlienPrime173
- › Microsoft Windows 10 Home | Download by Gregsta
- › Nixeus MODA v2 MK-BL15 Compact Mechanical Keyboard - Blue Switch... by Ramzinho
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Need some help figuring out some sound settings
- › I need help with water cooling on my computer.
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning
- › Regarding CSGO MouseMovementRecorder
- › Dangerous Things: xNTi NFC Tag Implants
- › Grand Theft Auto V build 393.2 - Performance...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.06 - Performance Test