Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2863 Active Users (515 Members and 2348 Guests)
- › Slow boot from NVME m2 Samsung 960 evo 56 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › AM4 x370 seletion 2 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 3 minutes ago
- › [Guru3d] Radeon RX 500 Series fabbed using newer 14nm LLP 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 4 minutes ago
- › Dawn of War III Information & Discussion Thread (Release Date April... 5 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [AMD] Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.3 Released 8 minutes ago
- › Google/LG NEXUS 5 Owners Club (work in progress) 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Labs K08 & M04 by Jedson3614
- › G.Skill Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Full RGB (RIPJAWS KM570 RGB,... by Duality92
- › Phononic HEX 2.0 Thermoelectric CPU Cooler, Black by Duality92
- › BitFenix Shogun E-ATX Dual Tempered Glass Gaming Case with Asus... by Duality92
- › Nidec UltraFlo 120x120x38mm by MasakakiKairi
- › Delta PFM1412DE 140x38mm 7.5A 350CFM by MasakakiKairi
- › Nidec 120mm x 38mm 12V 40W Super High Speed Fan, Extreme Air Flow... by MasakakiKairi
- › SCYTHE D1225C12B7AP-29 GENTLE TYPHOON 120 MM FAN 3000RPM by MasakakiKairi
- › Delta FFB1212EHE-F00 Case Cooler by MasakakiKairi
- › addlink 120GB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - 2.5" 7mm... by CornDude
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...