Well my order from SVC.com arrived yesterday afternoon around 2:30pm. Did the teardown and couldn't believe what I found, nearly 3cm of my cpu was completely uncovered!!! No wonder my temperatures started to take off, still didn't make a difference ultimately. Having reseated my Xiggy 3 previous times (correctly mind you ), I was still getting 41C idle with ambient at ~26C. Now I'm getting around 36-38C (there's some bouncing, meh) and I'm much happier. I'll look into another Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream and maybe some shrouds to see if I can't get the temps down even further.
I got even more bad news as I attempted to install my AM2 adapter only to find that it didn't fit . I ended up cutting off about a 3x3mm segment at the cpu socket lever arm and blending it into the bends near the corners. Yes, I know it floats some, but this literally wouldn't screw down, it was that far off. A Dremel and ream fixed the problem after I found out that my little cutting wheels weren't up to the job. I don't like cutting things up that I just bought, but it was that or have the Megahalems facing the wrong way .
So all in all, I rearranged some fans, added some fans, and got a better heatsink. I'm still in the process of testing that last bit and I've got some cleanup left on the wiring, lots of fan wiring makes for a BIG mess. I believe I read someplace that Orthos will torture my CPU more, so I think that I'll run that to get my temperatures up.
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 2 top (120x25 72cfm)
Total cfm: 234
Intake - 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm), 1 front (120x25 110cfm thermally controlled)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 218
CPU - 1 120x25 110cfm pointed toward the rear exhaust
Circulating - 1 at rear of 5.25" drive bays (120x25 44cfm)
1 at bottom pointed at GPU (120x25 44cfm)
Exhaust - 1 rear (120x38 90cfm), 1 side (GPU 120x38 90cfm)
Total cfm: 180
Intake - 2 top (GPU 120x25 72cfm), 1 front (120x25 43cfm)
1 behind mobo tray (80x15 18cfm)
Total cfm: 205
CPU - 1 120x25 56cfm pointed down at the GPU
Circulating - 0
SilenX: 2 120x38 90cfm, 2 120x25 72cfm, 1 80x15 18cfm
Cooler Master: 1 120x25 110cfm, 2 120x25 44cfm
Scythe: 1 120x25 110cfm
Yes, I know I have a negative pressure case now (218cfm intake, 234cfm exhaust), but it's all for a good cause, OVERCLOCKING .
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2972 Active Users (675 Members and 2297 Guests)
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 8 seconds ago
- › TATH \ Black Dragon 18 seconds ago
- › [CSNATION] First Unreal Tournament Map Revealed 48 seconds ago
- › [Official] MSI GTX 780 Lightning Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 2 minutes ago
- › *Official ATi/AMD EyeFinity Club* 2 minutes ago
- › Pipe bending 101 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech 710+ vs Corsair k70 vs Razer blackwidow 2014 3 minutes ago
- › AMD A4-3300 APU with AMD Radeon 6410 HD Graphics 2.5GHz Socket FM1... by newbiegeekie
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black) by t522
- › powercom SMK-2000A UPS by Zero4549
- › SILVERSTONE ST45SF-G 450W Power Supply by xxroxx
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit... by xxroxx
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by GorbazTheDragon
- › Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases PH-ES614P by DaveLT
- › EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W ATX 80+G Power Supply by jameyscott
- › Thinkpad X230, 12.5" Ultraportable by Chipp
- › Moto X - 16GB, White by Chipp
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A tutorial on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › Can not connect my LG Volt cell phone to my...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...