Well, I read a thread today that (inevitably) got blocked/taken down by an admin/mod.
It's amazing how misperceptions can lead to offence and argument.
The thread about things to ban other than video games that was taken down just so happened to state that "although Canada has looser gun laws than the states, they also have less crime".
Well... looser... Let's define the word looser.
Looser: connotes a high degree of flexibility, with lack of consequence and a high degree that the laws that ARE put in place would not be followed or backed up by the authorities.
So, let's see... Canada's gun laws, by comparison.
In some states in the USA you have to, by law, have at least one gun per household/apartment.
In ALL Provinces/Territories, you are not allowed owning a gun without a permit, and the ones you are allowed have to either have a concrete barrel for collectors, or must be limited to hunting rifles which must be stored in a proper, locked case.
In the states there are shops to buy guns. Just guns. Any types of guns, from handguns to shotguns to rifles to... you get the point.
If you're caught with a pistol and you're not in a position of authority or have special authorization (CSIS anybody?) then you WILL be persecuted. If you're caught with any non-hunting classed 'gun', you will be persecuted.
There is a rigorous screening and mental health test to determine whether or not you are entitled to own a hunting rifle/gun (shotgun), and a similar process to give you the hunting permit that allows you to even USE the weapon. In Canada, anyways.
If you are a member of a gun club (I'm not sure if the few that were left in Canada are still open anymore or not) you have to leave the club gun in the club vault.
In the states, you can bring in or rent a weapon to fire at the firing range at the gun club or gun club affiliate range.
The guns that ARE used in crime in Canada were smuggled in from the states or other areas.
The guns that are used in crime in the states are either owned by the perpetrator, stolen by, bought illegally by, or borrowed by the perpetrator.
Life in prison is expected for any unauthorized transport, use, or ownership of a gun. In Canada.
In the states, you can get as little as a few months to just one day, depending on what it is you did.
Looser? Someone obviously didn't do his homework...
Currently, there are 2031 Active Users (261 Members and 1770 Guests)
- › LIAN LI PC TU100 / 200 owners club 4 seconds ago
- › Predator 360 in Enthoo Pro 4 seconds ago
- › [AMD] Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 57 seconds ago
- › [polygon] Intel-exclusive content in game 3 minutes ago
- › PC Shuts down whilst gaming or under heavy tasks.. HELP! 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse announced 9 minutes ago
- › [Official] Skylake, Haswell-E & Broadwell-E 24/7 DDR4 Memory... 9 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 12 minutes ago
- › H115i a good cooler? 13 minutes ago
- › Looking for best 120mm AIO water cooler 17 minutes ago
- › PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card (VCGGTX10606PB) by Hequaqua
- › COOLER MASTER USA MasterBox 5T by Jedson3614
- › ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition 4GB GDDR5 128-bit DL-DVI... by Jedson3614
- › Creative Sound BlasterX Katana by WilliamGayde
- › LG 29UC88-B UltraWide IPS LED HDMI X 2 Monitor by AlphaC
- › LG Electronics UM67 29UM67 29-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor by AlphaC
- › Lumsing Harmonica Series Dual-USB Portable Battery Charger 13000... by KipH
- › Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Liquid CPU Cooler... by AyyMD
- › Western Digital Black 1TB (WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0) 7200rpm, 64mb cache... by Walitorax
- › Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct by AyyMD
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...