Well, I read a thread today that (inevitably) got blocked/taken down by an admin/mod.
It's amazing how misperceptions can lead to offence and argument.
The thread about things to ban other than video games that was taken down just so happened to state that "although Canada has looser gun laws than the states, they also have less crime".
Well... looser... Let's define the word looser.
Looser: connotes a high degree of flexibility, with lack of consequence and a high degree that the laws that ARE put in place would not be followed or backed up by the authorities.
So, let's see... Canada's gun laws, by comparison.
In some states in the USA you have to, by law, have at least one gun per household/apartment.
In ALL Provinces/Territories, you are not allowed owning a gun without a permit, and the ones you are allowed have to either have a concrete barrel for collectors, or must be limited to hunting rifles which must be stored in a proper, locked case.
In the states there are shops to buy guns. Just guns. Any types of guns, from handguns to shotguns to rifles to... you get the point.
If you're caught with a pistol and you're not in a position of authority or have special authorization (CSIS anybody?) then you WILL be persecuted. If you're caught with any non-hunting classed 'gun', you will be persecuted.
There is a rigorous screening and mental health test to determine whether or not you are entitled to own a hunting rifle/gun (shotgun), and a similar process to give you the hunting permit that allows you to even USE the weapon. In Canada, anyways.
If you are a member of a gun club (I'm not sure if the few that were left in Canada are still open anymore or not) you have to leave the club gun in the club vault.
In the states, you can bring in or rent a weapon to fire at the firing range at the gun club or gun club affiliate range.
The guns that ARE used in crime in Canada were smuggled in from the states or other areas.
The guns that are used in crime in the states are either owned by the perpetrator, stolen by, bought illegally by, or borrowed by the perpetrator.
Life in prison is expected for any unauthorized transport, use, or ownership of a gun. In Canada.
In the states, you can get as little as a few months to just one day, depending on what it is you did.
Looser? Someone obviously didn't do his homework...
Currently, there are 2263 Active Users (452 Members and 1811 Guests)
- › EK Club 30 seconds ago
- › For AMD fans, Piledriver is officially dead for higher-end gaming... 44 seconds ago
- › [Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Mass Effect: Andromeda Information and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Underrated, less ubiquitous coolers 4 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L... 4 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte Z170 \ H170 \ B150 Discussion, Help and Owners Club (... 5 minutes ago
- › Mayhems users club 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 by Khalaharee
- › Creative Labs K08 & M04 by Jedson3614
- › G.Skill Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Full RGB (RIPJAWS KM570 RGB,... by Duality92
- › Phononic HEX 2.0 Thermoelectric CPU Cooler, Black by Duality92
- › BitFenix Shogun E-ATX Dual Tempered Glass Gaming Case with Asus... by Duality92
- › Nidec UltraFlo 120x120x38mm by MasakakiKairi
- › Delta PFM1412DE 140x38mm 7.5A 350CFM by MasakakiKairi
- › Nidec 120mm x 38mm 12V 40W Super High Speed Fan, Extreme Air Flow... by MasakakiKairi
- › SCYTHE D1225C12B7AP-29 GENTLE TYPHOON 120 MM FAN 3000RPM by MasakakiKairi
- › Delta FFB1212EHE-F00 Case Cooler by MasakakiKairi
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...