Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 3130 Active Users (814 Members and 2316 Guests)
- › Keep my CF 7970 or purchase R9 295X2? 36 seconds ago
- › Far Cry Installer Hangs on "Removing Applications" [SOLVED] 48 seconds ago
- › Strong computer crashing for unknown reason 48 seconds ago
- › [Case Mod]••Reaper N1's (Dark Side)••Custom-3D printed parts 50 seconds ago
- › [Various] Nvidia GTX 980 / 970 reviews (NDA not lifted yet) 54 seconds ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 59 seconds ago
- › [EuroGamer] Final Fantasy 15 demo confirmed, Nomura leaves... 1 minute ago
- › [Forbes] Crashing The Party -- AMD's 'Red Team' To Infiltrate... 1 minute ago
- › Asus PCE-AC68 802.11ac PCI-E 1 minute ago
- › FX-9370 with 1866 RAM 1 minute ago
- › Kingsing S2 Mtk6582 Quad Core Phone White by voodooxxx
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by Gavush
- › Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Computer Case With Side... by Gavush
- › Corsair K70 RGB Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Red) by Sideways8LV
- › EPSON WorkForce 630 Wireless InkJet MFC / All-In-One Color Printer... by Thready
- › Logitech G600 by The Andoxico
- › Audioengine B1 Premium Bluetooth Music Receiver by WilliamGayde
- › Cooler Master Seidon 120V - PC CPU Liquid Water Cooling System,... by DaUn3rD0g
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by Crazycuda
- › LG Nexus 5 D820 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Android... by Thready
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...