Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 3169 Active Users (733 Members and 2436 Guests)
- › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club 14 seconds ago
- › [Freebie] 5 x Acronis True Image HD 2014 33 seconds ago
- › [Official] Fractal Design Node 304 Owners Club 54 seconds ago
- › [BHTec] Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming Headset Review 1 minute ago
- › [Techspot]FreeSync monitors now available, and they're cheaper than... 1 minute ago
- › Extreme Rigs Radiator Review Round Up 2015 - Group A 1 minute ago
- › [PC World]This insane military laser weapon burned a hole through a... 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] HWiNFO/32/64 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Dark Souls II for PC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club 3 minutes ago
- › DriveClub (PlayStation 4) by iARDAs
- › Tomb Raider Definitive Ed Ps4 by iARDAs
- › ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Extended ATX Intel Motherboard by mllkn6
- › Razer Inc. Blade 2014 128GB by ledzepp3
- › Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive... by Nfsdude0125
- › Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K by Stream12
- › Sapphire Radeon R9 280X VAPOR-X Video Card by tabascosauz
- › Philips 40" BDM4065UC 4K Monitor by sam66er
- › COOLER MASTER V700 RS700-AFBAG1-US 700W Power Supply by DVIELIS
- › Corsair Vengeance M65 Black Wired Laser Gaming Mouse by levalencia
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel