Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 1843 Active Users (328 Members and 1515 Guests)
- › == Haswell-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == 2 seconds ago
- › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs 47 seconds ago
- › Application block from accessing graphics hardware - OR Display... 49 seconds ago
- › [Official] Fallout 4 Information and Discussion Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Offset Voltage Question 1 minute ago
- › Drivers crash shortly after I start a game. 1 minute ago
- › GTX970 red dots while using a minor OC in GTAV 2 minutes ago
- › [Arstechinica] Transistors will stop shrinking in 2021, but... 2 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Announces Radeon Pro WX Series With Polaris GPUs Read... 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 5 minutes ago
- › Dell S2817Q 28" 4K Monitor by WilliamGayde
- › Zotac 1070 Amp! Extreme by Ur64n 50ulj4h
- › Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Reservoir, Clear Tube, White POM Cap by TheCautiousOne
- › Bitspower Z-Multi 250 Water Tank by TheCautiousOne
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by TheCautiousOne
- › Highspeed PC XL-ATX Top Deck Tech Station by Jedson3614
- › Enermax Platimax 1350W by Jedson3614
- › SCOTTeVEST Performance POLO by Jedson3614
- › 1st Player Steampunk Keyboard by TheN00bBuilder
- › Enermax Liqmax II 240 by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...