Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 1917 Active Users (300 Members and 1617 Guests)
- › [Official] nVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Graphics card corruption? 1 minute ago
- › New build, New builder, Advice welcome 1 minute ago
- › Projects of the Month for February 2017 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution,... 4 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Teases Vega In Prey Preview, GPU Set To Launch In May 2017 4 minutes ago
- › FX6300 Overclocked to 4.4ghz (Question) 6 minutes ago
- › First Pc build: need help! 8 minutes ago
- › Collatz Conjecture project support thread 12 minutes ago
- › Anyone going with 6c/12t for their Ryzen build? 13 minutes ago
- › Dungeon Siege III by michaeltibbsjr
- › Sapphire RX 460 2GB Single Fan D5 OC by sepiashimmer
- › NZXT Technologies Kraken X41 140mm All-In-One Liquid Cooling System... by maverickvii
- › JH Audio JH3X Pro by Chipp
- › Cryorig R1 Ultimate CR-R1A Dual Tower CPU Heatsink with 2xXF140 fans by AyyMD
- › Thermaltake PS-SPR-0850FPCBUS-R Smart Pro RGB 850W Zero Fan 80 PLUS... by Jedson3614
- › In Win 509 ROG Gaming eATX by khaosgamer
- › NZXT S340 Mid Tower Cases CA-S340W-B1 Glossy Black by AyyMD
- › ViewSonic VX2757-MHD 27-inch 1080p Gaming Monitor with 2ms, VGA,... by Stronghold
- › HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL 8-Port PCI-Express 2.0 x8 SAS/SATA... by NoelC
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...