Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 1954 Active Users (286 Members and 1668 Guests)
- › Better way to hold your mouse 30 seconds ago
- › Please help... DD/A9 error codes, nothing works 2 minutes ago
- › Windows 7 Updates List + Descriptions & Telemetry 3 minutes ago
- › Computer acting strange after plugging in new keyboard 3 minutes ago
- › EK-Predator Club & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] WATERCOOLED 7x 980Ti "The word impossible is not in my... 5 minutes ago
- › [ExtremeTech] Tesla claims it can control how customers use its... 6 minutes ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD Prepping $10,000 Vega 10 powered “Dracarys” Graphics... 8 minutes ago
- › Pros and Cons of high water temp 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Corsair Hydro Series H55 Quiet CPU Coolers by AyyMD
- › Aodin Mini Smart Android Projector by jasonwell90
- › Macho X2 by AyyMD
- › Thermaltake Mini Typhoon by NotUrAvrgG33k
- › Nixeus 24in, 1920x1080, Full HD, 144Hz, FreeSync, LED Backlight... by bluedevil
- › Cherry MC 4000 by Ino.
- › DEMCiflex Dust Filter by The Sandman
- › ADATA Technology SU800 SSD Review by Jedson3614
- › be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Red by Duality92
- › AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (Latest Standard) by TheCautiousOne
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...