Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 3144 Active Users (751 Members and 2393 Guests)
- › 240 Rad Adequate? 2 seconds ago
- › OCN RAM Addict Club-Gallery 21 seconds ago
- › Mayhems users club 26 seconds ago
- › [Freebie] 7 smaller 2.5" HDDs, 2 smaller 3.5" HDD 31 seconds ago
- › [OMGUbuntu]GOG.com Linux Support Arrives, 50+ Games Available DRM Free 42 seconds ago
- › Tiny Temjim MKII - Twenty Three 1 minute ago
- › notebook suggestions 1 minute ago
- › HDD Issues and Replacement suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Problems: SATA IDE adapter 3 minutes ago
- › SILVERSTONE ST45SF-G 450W Power Supply by xxroxx
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit... by xxroxx
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by GorbazTheDragon
- › Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases PH-ES614P by DaveLT
- › EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W ATX 80+G Power Supply by jameyscott
- › Thinkpad X230, 12.5" Ultraportable by Chipp
- › Moto X - 16GB, White by Chipp
- › ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro by WilliamGayde
- › BitFenix Neos BFC-NEO-100-WWXKB-RP ATX Mid Tower Case by dman811
- › ASUS M5A99X Evo - AM3+ - 990X - SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 - ATX DDR3... by LGxStarburst
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A tutorial on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › Can not connect my LG Volt cell phone to my...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...