Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 2923 Active Users (579 Members and 2344 Guests)
- › Fans!!!! The most complete and comprehensive array of tests and... 15 seconds ago
- › RX 480 Review Thread (various) 17 seconds ago
- › Build Log - [Millennium] - Mercury S8S 32 seconds ago
- › [VC] First RX 480 benchmarks hit the web 47 seconds ago
- › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With... 58 seconds ago
- › Any official Polaris threads coming soon? 1 minute ago
- › EK Club 1 minute ago
- › Let's Compile all 3360/3366 and their release dates for everyone 2 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › Lowest click latency + Zalman m600r brick due 2 firmware 3 minutes ago
- › ViewSonic VX2757-MHD 27-inch 1080p Gaming Monitor with 2ms, VGA,... by bluedevil
- › PNY CS2211 by Jedson3614
- › Ubuntu MATE 16.04 by DownshiftArtist
- › Netgear Nighthawk x4 AC2200 by Jedson3614
- › PNY Anarchy X 16GB 2800MHz by Jedson3614
- › Asus X99-A II by ondoy
- › Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome) by Plastic Noise
- › Creative Sound Blaster X H5 by Jedson3614
- › PNY GTX 960 XLR8 by Jedson3614
- › Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Mechanical Keyboard by WilliamGayde
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...