Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 2770 Active Users (468 Members and 2302 Guests)
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - NOLIMITS and GameStable 1 minute ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › [PCPer] Corsair Announces Hydro Series HG10 GPU Liquid Cooling... 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for suggestions on building a new computer 2 minutes ago
- › Thinking of Joining the 144Hz/G-Sync Wagon 2 minutes ago
- › [Fuzilla] BenQ and Viewsonic FreeSync monitors in time for holidays 2 minutes ago
- › [NCIX US]PNY Optima 240GB 59usd AR 3 minutes ago
- › [Amazon] Dell Ultrasharp U2412m 24" IPS LED Monitor $219.99 3 minutes ago
- › APEVIA X-Sniper X-SNIPER2-GN Computer Case With Side Panel Window by darkapollo
- › Noppoo "Lolita" Red Backlight Edition w/ Noppoo's... by DatLoudTyper
- › ROCCAT Kone Pure Core Performance 8200DPI Pro-Aim R3 Laser Sensor... by HengHoot
- › Ducky Zero Shine Zone DK2108SZ by HengHoot
- › Evercool SB-F1 Case Cooling Fan by Gareth Ward
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear... by hollowtek
- › Fractal Design FD-CA-ARC-XL-BL-W Computer Case by WilliamGayde
- › Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 360mm Radiator by sunyata
- › Phobya Balancer 250 Silver Nickel by sunyata
- › Bitspower 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD G1/4'' Compression... by sunyata
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine