Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 2217 Active Users (343 Members and 1874 Guests)
- › Official- Heatkiller Club 1 minute ago
- › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L... 3 minutes ago
- › [XDA] Android Nougat Finally Released — Coming Your Way! 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS X99 Sabertooth Owners Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Polygon] PlayStation 4 slim images leak on auction site 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino 7 minutes ago
- › August Foldathon: Monday 22nd - 24th @ 12PM EST/4PM UTC 8 minutes ago
- › M65 PRO RGB ... what a disappointment 10 minutes ago
- › [TweakTown]DirectX 12 mGPU and Vulkan Support on the way for Cryengine 12 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 12 minutes ago
- › Kanto YU3 4" 2-Way Powered Bookshelf Speakers with aptX... by SightUp
- › Corsair Commander Mini by d0mini
- › Toshiba Satellite C55-B C55-B5296 15.6" LED (TruBrite)... by Skye12977
- › Fnatic Rush G1 by Paradigm84
- › Umi Max 4G Phablet by jojoenglish85
- › Tesoro Gram Spectrum by geggeg
- › Cooler Master Master Box 5 by WilliamGayde
- › be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 by Jedson3614
- › HP Z27s 27-inch IPS UHD Display by WilliamGayde
- › Nintendo Wii U by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...