Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 2211 Active Users (280 Members and 1931 Guests)
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 1 minute ago
- › [ARSTechnica] ISP explains data caps to FCC: Using the Internet is... 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NZXT Kraken G10 Owner's Club 3 minutes ago
- › [AT] AMD Zen Microarchitecture: Dual Schedulers, Micro-Op Cache and... 7 minutes ago
- › Silverstone Sugo SG13 Mini-ITX Owners Club 8 minutes ago
- › a small video about homemade mouse cable 8 minutes ago
- › Silverstone SFX Series PSUs (ST45SF-G/SX600-G/SX500-LG) Owners Club 9 minutes ago
- › [BL] GP107, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB and GeForce GTX 1050 2GB 9 minutes ago
- › [Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino 10 minutes ago
- › ADATA Technology SU800 SSD Review by Jedson3614
- › be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Red by Duality92
- › AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (Latest Standard) by TheCautiousOne
- › Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2 by Mingan
- › Cherry MX 6.0 Keyboard by geggeg
- › Seagate Barracuda XT 4TB ST4000DM000 by Pawelr98
- › Corsair Air Series SP 140 LED Blue High Static Pressure Fan Cooling... by Alastair
- › ASUS ROG Eagle Eye GX1000 by jordehn
- › Mondo Rez by jordehn
- › ASRock H170 Performance/Hyper by Xaltar
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...