Well today, yet another sick day. I decided that I would bite the bullet as it were.
I took my system apart once again, and removed the MB heat-sink.
My Crosshair IV north bridge was having troubles hovering around the 50-55C mark(idle, tested today, room is cool 19-21C). after taking the heat-sink off and doing some checking I am having the same issues as most people are talking about, where the NB isn't contacting correctly.
delicately removed the stands attached, and shaved them down a little with a file. After putting it all back together, I find that my temps are around 48-52C (idle, tested today room is still 19-21C)
SO, it is solvable, easily, with a hand file and about an hour, some new TIM and elbow grease. Problem isn't solved, but it is better.
Currently, there are 2298 Active Users (462 Members and 1836 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 4 seconds ago
- › HWBOT going downhill? 21 seconds ago
- › Mionix Avior 7000 - Want to buy, but have two questions 38 seconds ago
- › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North... 2 minutes ago
- › [ExtremeTech] Seagate’s 8TB HDD for just $260 2 minutes ago
- › Extract and Flash GTX 970 and 980 Firmware - NOLIMITS and GameStable 2 minutes ago
- › Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC... 2 minutes ago
- › [Nuuvem] Shadow Of Mordor $16.75 2 minutes ago
- › Server Under $1,000? 3 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK by geggeg
- › AOC E1759fwu 17-Inch Class, USB 3.0 Powered, Portable LCD / LED... by WilliamGayde
- › MSI Z97-Gaming 5 ATX Intel Motherboard by MunchenOC
- › ACER 28IN LED 3840X2160 B286HK YMJDPPRZ HDMI DVI BLK 2MS /... by Ironman517
- › Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 CC-9011034-WLED Computer Case by bilbs84
- › EK Waterblocks EK-FC770 GTX - Nickel by bilbs84
- › Phobya Balancer 250 Silver Nickel by bilbs84
- › Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases PH-ES614P by Nomadskid
- › Koss ProDJ100 Headphones by Droviin
- › EK-Thermosphere Universal GPU Water Block by WilliamGayde
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine