If there is one thing that I HATE on the Duorb, it has to be the fact that Thermltake put a molex on the end of the fan wires for connecting it to it's power source. I mean, *** TT, how hard is it to put a PWM controller on your fans, put a 4 pin standard GPU fan header and charge 3-4$ more for such a great product?
The calbe might be sleeved, but still, when you don't have a molex very near, and god knows that cable management freaks never, EVER, let a molex dangle that close to components, it's very hard to get the Duorb working without the ugly cable.
My solution to this? Chop the sucker off.
I wanted to get a 4 pin originally and connect it the GFX board directly, but then I realized that the Duorb fans don't have a PWM built in, and that they don't have a fan speed line, so I figure that I'd go a simpler route. I had my Ninja's stock fan nearby, so I went ahead and started a fan header transplant.
Chop, strip, solder, and my duorb now connects directly to my motherboard with a brand new three pin. It looks like this.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1875 Active Users (253 Members and 1622 Guests)
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 26 seconds ago
- › High pitched whine on motherboard audio codec outputs 38 seconds ago
- › Australia pump and res help! 3 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 4 minutes ago
- › [SPONSORED] ALUMIA <<< EK Fluid Gaming BH7 <<< 5 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] Corsair Vengeance C70 Gaming Case Owner Club 5 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Ryzen Mobile APU Benchmarks Leaked, Up To 90% Faster... 6 minutes ago
- › [Vortez] Project "GOLD RUSH" Severely Damaged Following Computex... 9 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...