I love listening to Bryan Adams' music. For as long as I can remember, I've always derived great pleasure and have experienced many a cathartic moment singing along one of his love tunes, or belting out one of his rockers.
It's a guilty pleasure. Well, it's not so much guilt-inducing as it is pleasurable, but what else can you call listening to Bryan Adams' music when most people around you either 1) chuckle politely because of this, or 2) laugh out loud as if the mere suggestion of this was patently absurd?
His repertoire is not popular, especially amongst males my age group. Most of my friends think he's corny; pals with musical bents to them think his stuff is too simple. To some extent, these opinions are all valid, I suppose.
But I personally can't deny that this under-rated rock legend does touch the heart, that his music, simple as it is, hits all the right notes. So what if his lyrics don't have the genius of a Bob Dylan lyric, or the angst of Lennon in his prime? Maybe some of the words from his pen do have a generic quality to them, but I would argue that this is not being generic but universal. "Do I Have to Say the Words" or "Flying" still make me tear up sometimes when I'm in that certain mood; "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" is one of a handful of songs that have ever existed that I wish I wrote myself. And there are few songs as fun to belt out as the classic "Summer of '69."
As I'd alluded to, his music isn't the most sophisticated. But maybe sophistication and complexity are both over-rated. Sometimes the most direct routes are the best, especially in rock. Sometimes, three chords are all you need. But he does have very interesting pieces too, I'd say. "Please Forgive Me" isn't easy (for me, anyway); neither are "I'll Always Be Right There" or "Have You Really Ever Loved A Woman?".
Never say that all he's ever written are soul-less, commercial pop tunes. His "Into The Fire" is as soulful a rock album as you'll find this side of Nirvana. The eponymous song from that album, especially when performed live, is still one of the most soulful rock songs I've personally heard. "Native Son" celebrates the Americas' first inhabitants (the Native Americans), and "Remembrance Day" is an anthem both for peace and one written in gratitude for the soldiers (of Canada) who shed their blood fighting for it.
I guess I shouldn't need to justify anything to anyone. Consider this, then, more of a basic introduction to this humble Canadian, as under-rated and unknown a legend in music as you'll ever find. His true fans know the man and the beauty he is able to put to notes and words.
I hope that everyone finds a little bit of this beauty each and every day, in everything that you do.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1775 Active Users (276 Members and 1499 Guests)
- › [PCGamesN]AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing” 54 seconds ago
- › Best AC wireless adapter? 1 minute ago
- › [Next Power Up] Microsoft To End Forced Windows Upgrades With... 3 minutes ago
- › [Blur Busters] 480 Hz Monitor Prototype Now at Blur Busters! 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club 9 minutes ago
- › [eTeknix] Intel’s Core i9-7960X Takes 8 Out of 9 Records Versus... 11 minutes ago
- › Smooth 4k playback. Clock speed vs memory? 11 minutes ago
- › Tabs and Days 13 minutes ago
- › Galvanic Corrosion and Rust 14 minutes ago
- › [XSPC] RayStorm Neo (AMD sTR4) Threadripper 17 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...