There are a lot of things I have been thinking about lately on what I should do next for my computer. Yesterday, I got my Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Rev.2 CPU heat-sink along with my 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 RAM.
I installed the RAM yesterday (4GB now) and saw some pretty nice FPS increases in a couple games especially F.E.A.R., Dragon Age Origins, Far Cry 2 etc. I didn't see too much of an increase, if an increase at all, in Crysis Warhead. I had a bit of trouble with the timings of the RAM too. It had changed to 5-7-7-24 instead of 5-5-5-15. I changed it to 5-5-5-15 in the BIOS but soon after that, all my games basically crashed so I set it back to auto in the BIOS (5-7-7-24)
Today, I installed the Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Rev.2. I was surprised how it actually fit in the case because it was kinda big. On accident though, while I was cleaning old thermal paste from my CPU, I zapped it. Thankfully, that zap didn't hurt it because I've been playing it for the past couple hours. To get that heatsink on, however, I had to nail file the one side of the fan to get it to sit next to my RAM (it was pushing one of the RAM sticks.) That worked great and no longer pushed on the RAM.
Another not-so-exciting event that took place today was that I ran GPU-Z on my computer. It read that my fan speed was running at 100% all the time. I don't know if this is exactly good for it but I guess I'm gonna have to live with it. My card, a Nvidia GeForce 9600GT, also seems to be running kinda hot. (around 40-65 degrees Celcius) What I have been thinking about buying is a new card. I'm leaning toward a nice XFX 1GB Nvidia GTS 250 for $156.00. Not having a job and having a mom that tells me not to waste my money on stuff I basically already have (whatever), I don't think I'm gonna be getting that card anytime soon even though I have enough money.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2436 Active Users (390 Members and 2046 Guests)
- › [Official] RYZEN 5 1600X | 1600 | 1500X | 1400 Owners Club 48 seconds ago
- › Fractal Design Node 202 Owners Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung UN49KS8000 (2160P TV) Thread/Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nintendo Switch News and Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Help needed with AMD cooler 3 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 3 minutes ago
- › [Kickstarter] Pimax: The World's First 8K VR Headset 3 minutes ago
- › [Verge] Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Hands On 3 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Help please. 2500k to 3770k. Is it worth it at this time? 4 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...