Well now that I have gotten my new case and installed everything in there it is time to rant and rave again.
The case is a COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 which comes with a drive cage pre-installed and a rear exhaust fan. I installed the drive cage that I had in my previous case, but changed out the fan to one of the four Scythe 120mm "Slipstream" 110cfm case fans that I ordered for the case. Two of the other fans went in the top as exhaust fans and the 4th and final fan went on the side as an intake. There were two side intakes but the OCZ Vendetta 2 is too tall to allow the installation of the second side fan. Other than running the wires differently to make it actually look a little neater (still could do better, but I am lazy) nothing else has changed about the system.
The first thing I noticed was that in my previous case (COOLER MASTER CAVALIER 3) everything ran fine with my overclocked 9850 to 2900MHz at stock volts (1.296). However now that it is in my new case it will BSOD on me at stock volts. So I had to up the voltage to 1.376 for it to run stable. Does that mean there is a sweet spot for the temps? Not sure.
As far as the video cards go I am not able to overclock them as far either. The highest I was able to get was 877/1297, however that was only once and most of my benches were at 864/1297. Now I am able to only get 850/1297 max. So I am unsure if there is a sweet spot there as far as temps are concerned.
Overall everything runs much cooler now and that is a good thing. I plan to do a review on the case once I have had it a little while.
Read Parts 1 & 2:
My Spider Advernture - Part 1
My Spider Advernture - Part 2
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1957 Active Users (256 Members and 1701 Guests)
- › Need help setting up bookshelf speakers and amp 37 seconds ago
- › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Various] [Updated] New processors are now blocked from receiving... 5 minutes ago
- › AMD GPU Drivers: The Real Truth. 5 minutes ago
- › Zotac 980 Ti AMP Extreme 5 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC... 11 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club 15 minutes ago
- › [THW] Thermal Paste Round-up: 85 Products Tested 16 minutes ago
- › Best way to remove rubber coating from mouse? 18 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...