POWER, MORE POWER
Well as it turns out the problem that I talked about in Part 3 was not specificly case related. It just so happens that it is Power Supply related. I guess in a sense it has to do with the case since there are more fans in the case and they are more powerful. So they are sucking just enough juice to deprive the CPU it's necessary diet. With that being said I decided to embark on trying the Dual Power Supply tactic.
Hooking up two power supply is relatively easy, especially if you read this forum post. It explains what needs to be done (for a temporary solution anyway) to try out two power supply's at once. Once you decide that this is a possible permanent solution you my want to either get a Dual Power Supply adapter or directly wire the two together. This will allow them to come on at the same time. The two PSUs that I have are the following:
I tried different combinations between the two power supplies. I tried running just the case fans on the 450W and the rest on the 750W. I tried running the case fans and one 3870 on the 450W and the rest on the 750W. I tried all kinds of different combinations and for the most part they all worked the same. I am not sure of the best way to leave it permanently, so comments are welcome.
I was able to overclock farther than before, but still without stability so that did not fix that problem. Must still be limited by the proc.
Read Parts 1, 2. & 3:
My Spider Advernture - Part 1
My Spider Advernture - Part 2
My Spider Advernture - Part 3
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1774 Active Users (272 Members and 1502 Guests)
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 1 minute ago
- › [Official] AMD Ryzen DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 2 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Guide to Overclocking the Core I7 920 or 930 to 4.0ghz 4 minutes ago
- › EK Club 10 minutes ago
- › Is this consider a good build for a pure focus gaming pc 11 minutes ago
- › [Twitter] JayzTwoCents: "I no longer recommend Radeon" 12 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 Radeon FURY / NANO / X / Pro DUO FIJI Owners Club 12 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 13 minutes ago
- › LGA1155 DDR4 Mini ITX Motherboard 15 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...