Since the last blog post about my system I have gone through alot of changes. First was the motherboard swap to the new ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe. I then added a fourth Sapphire Toxic 3870 and attempted to upgrade my PSU to a Corsair 1000W. However the PSU turned out to be incompatable with the board. So I ended up selling the Corsair and getting an Ultra X3 1000W PSU instead. At the same time I replaced all four of my Sapphire Toxic 3870's with three Visiontek 4870's and these things rock.
I am now able to overclock my Phenom 9850 BE to run at 3.2GHz 24/7 folding stable and bench at 3.4GHz. Seems the CPU is still holding back the power of the cards though.
I have also installed a CPU loop on my system to help keep everything cool, which is great, however it did not seem to help me overclock any higher than on air.
The Coming Death and Resurrection
Soon 'My Spider' will be just a memory to me when the new Dragon Platform fully takes over upon arrival of the Phenom II chips. Everything is currently in place for that to happen with the only remaining part being the Phenom II 940 BE. Once that is installed, the beloved 'My Spider' for the last 8-9 months will be dead and buried and arising out of the ashes will be my new friend - 'The Water Dragon'.
Read Parts 1, 2, 3, & 4:
My Spider Advernture - Part 1
My Spider Advernture - Part 2
My Spider Advernture - Part 3
My Spider Advernture - Part 4
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1817 Active Users (281 Members and 1536 Guests)
- › [PCGamesN]AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing” 21 seconds ago
- › Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor 2 minutes ago
- › G403 Weight cover off 3 minutes ago
- › PLAYSTATION TEASES "THE REVEAL OF SOMETHING NEW" 3 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 5 minutes ago
- › [PCGAMER] Final Fantasy 15 hands-on: a sight to see in 4K, if... 8 minutes ago
- › Asrock X370 Taichi Overclocking Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Cooler Master Storm Trooper / Storm Stryker Club 9 minutes ago
- › [EuroGamer] Jurassic World Evolution theme park sim announced by... 12 minutes ago
- › Galvanic Corrosion and Rust 13 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...