Wow...where do I begin...Ok, this is a big mess first of all.
Apparently some stuff blew up on the oil platform Deepwater Horizon. It burst into fire, they couldn't put it out, it sank, and when it did it yanked the tube off the end of the oil well. This vented the well, which has since been spewing ungodly amounts of oil into the gulf.
You'd think there's some safety equipment down there to prevent this, right? Well....it didn't work. And over the past month and a half BP has quite fruitlessly tried to cork the bottle. 8 things they've tried so far. 8 things that have failed. Right now they thing the rock surround the well is leaking. And in the middle of it all are the various groups slapfighting over what to do.
Ok, to those of you who are saying to either sue or fine(or both, even) BP into oblivion right this minute, I say shut the hell up. IF you bankrupt the one company that has the funding and capacity to plug it(Eventually, that is) you ruin the gulf for the rest of this generation's lifetime. ANd most like their children's too. How would you like your kids to grow up knowing that a bunch of political grandstanders ruined the entire gulf coast of the US because they couldn't shut the hell up and let the company responsible clean up the mess first?
To those of you saying they should be bailed out...really? Honestly? Bailing out an oil company? They make PLENTY of money in a month. More than enough to cover this and stay afloat. Bailing out the banks and auto industry didn't do much good, did it? So why should we bail out the oil industry?
For the rest of you: Seriously just leave BP the hell alone. They have enough of a problem capping the bloody well.
My thoughts on it, you ask? Well, Russia did mention that a <100kT nuclear device would neatly plug the hole. So nuke it I say. 'Course the Obama administration put the kaibosh on that. So I guess this thing's gonna keep on gushing until someone shoves his head into the oil. Literally.
Stay tuned there will likely be more posts on this one. Oh and I put comments on moderate so don't try anything stupid.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2455 Active Users (354 Members and 2101 Guests)
- › Ninox Venator 3360 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LG 34UC88/34UC98/34UM88 Monitors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Retro - The Overclock.net Retrogaming Club 7 minutes ago
- › Intermittent Ear cup fault on DT880s 7 minutes ago
- › [Official] Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners Thread 7 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Xeon X5670 troubles 10 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 750Ti / 750 (Maxwell) Owner's club 13 minutes ago
- › Water cooling the ASUS 1080 Ti Turbo 13 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...