I have successfully built myself a Naja Chiller (a.k.a. HVC/Horizontal Volenti Cooler). It is a miniature swamp field cooler. To put that in layman's terms, it's a plastic storage container with a PVC manifold feeding 6 pipes that are drilled in order to feed water out onto heavy felt. Water evaporates and in the process it uses energy, thus cooling that water.
My entire loop is:
Mag 5 Pump (380gph @ 3 feet head)
XSPC Delta v3 CPU Block
That is giving me full load temps in the forties without any fans on the Naja chiller. I also think I need to reseat my block.
Currently, there are 2691 Active Users (475 Members and 2216 Guests)
- › [Various] GDC 2015 News Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Any news about Serious Sam 4? 35 seconds ago
- › [BUILD LOG] Raised from the dead 42 seconds ago
- › Aquacomputer new reservoirs, Aqualis 1 minute ago
- › Which is a pretty hefty really 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Cooler Master HAF-XB Club! 1 minute ago
- › BOINCers Gone Bonkers #49 - March 3rd-6th 2 minutes ago
- › EK Club 2 minutes ago
- › Help me convince my dad to let me buy the Zowie AM 2 minutes ago
- › EVGA SuperNOVA G2/P2/T2 and Super Flower Leadex Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition Extended ATX Intel Motherboard by mllkn6
- › Razer Inc. Blade 2014 128GB by ledzepp3
- › Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive... by Nfsdude0125
- › Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K by Stream12
- › Sapphire Radeon R9 280X VAPOR-X Video Card by tabascosauz
- › Philips 40" BDM4065UC 4K Monitor by sam66er
- › COOLER MASTER V700 RS700-AFBAG1-US 700W Power Supply by DVIELIS
- › Corsair Vengeance M65 Black Wired Laser Gaming Mouse by levalencia
- › Ensourced Custom Full Cable Set by Wiz766
- › NZXT Digital Controller Cooling Fan with Grid AC-GRIDP-M1 by Depauville Kid
- › Seasonic Fanless PSU Noise
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel