Well I figure this is as good of a place as any to think out loud.
With my first case mod/overclock basically done (Finally got 'er stable, without having to find a bigger boat), I've begun planning something new. Woo!
I had the privilege of stripping down and poking around inside an ancient Dell tower, and found myself totally inspired by the amount of drawers, sliding bits and moving parts. There's a full enclosure for a PSU that folds out and up onto the top of the case, and a neat little hinge system for the 5.25 drives to be pulled in and out. I have to mod it. It could be so stellar.
So I'm looking into ways to take advantage of all the drawers and slidey-bits for a watercooled mod, having never tried water before. Now that I've done my first mod, and learned how to paint a case and how to cut holes in one, I'm looking forward to all the neat next-level things I could do with it.
I'm considering not only modding the inside, but building an entirely new outside out of acrylic as well. Maybe power-coating the inside and using translucent acrylic. I'm also rolling around new color scheme ideas as well, since Outbreak came out brighter and far more pink than orange than i would have preferred.
Hopefully, once i start playing with designs I can get some good feedback from my OCN peers. I guess we'll see!
Currently, there are 2444 Active Users (446 Members and 1998 Guests)
- › Official- Heatkiller Club 8 seconds ago
- › Acoustic treatment for room. 1 minute ago
- › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 1 minute ago
- › AMD Ryzen Motherboard Thread 1 minute ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 1 minute ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 2 minutes ago
- › EK releases new Vardar EVO fans with 0dB technology 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 3 minutes ago
- › Problem with EVGA 1080 TI Black SC Gaming Artifacts 3 minutes ago
- › [PCGamesN]AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing” 3 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...