I'm very excited! With news that I am eligible for the Australian Governments deal to reimburse students 50% on computers (upgrades, repairs etc); I have decided to upgrade my build! I'm planning on spending about $2000+AUD on the following items:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU: eVGA GTX 285 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-12800/1600 -
PSU: Corsair TX-850 850W
Case: Antec 1200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
I changed the PSU because my deal on the 1000W Coolermaster fell through. What does everyone think of the Corsair 850W?
I'm also thinking of buying a 1-1.5TB HDD, I've been using Seagate all my life and never had a problem, but have heard many a story about problems with the 1TB+ Seagates - can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do or buy?
Feel free to leave feedback and/or suggestions about the parts I've picked. Also, I'll need to name it so go nuts!
Until next time,
Currently, there are 2150 Active Users (362 Members and 1788 Guests)
- › [Various] AMD RX 480 Review Thread 17 seconds ago
- › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx/10xx G1 GAMING H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ 17 seconds ago
- › [OC3D] RX480 power bottleneck? 36 seconds ago
- › First Time O/C'ing FX6300 47 seconds ago
- › [AMD] Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.2 Released 1 minute ago
- › MSI Gaming X 1070 WB Compatability 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club 5 minutes ago
- › Modded R9 390X BIOS for R9 290/290X (Updated 02/16/2016) 6 minutes ago
- › BH7 Build Log - "White Raptor" 6 minutes ago
- › Crossfired 480's yesterday, Tri-Fire Now? 7 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-4790K Processor- BX80646I74790K by ThatOneReviewer
- › ViewSonic VX2757-MHD 27-inch 1080p Gaming Monitor with 2ms, VGA,... by bluedevil
- › PNY CS2211 by Jedson3614
- › Ubuntu MATE 16.04 by DownshiftArtist
- › Netgear Nighthawk x4 AC2200 by Jedson3614
- › PNY Anarchy X 16GB 2800MHz by Jedson3614
- › Asus X99-A II by ondoy
- › Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome) by Plastic Noise
- › Creative Sound Blaster X H5 by Jedson3614
- › PNY GTX 960 XLR8 by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...