I'm very excited! With news that I am eligible for the Australian Governments deal to reimburse students 50% on computers (upgrades, repairs etc); I have decided to upgrade my build! I'm planning on spending about $2000+AUD on the following items:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU: eVGA GTX 285 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-12800/1600 -
PSU: Corsair TX-850 850W
Case: Antec 1200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
I changed the PSU because my deal on the 1000W Coolermaster fell through. What does everyone think of the Corsair 850W?
I'm also thinking of buying a 1-1.5TB HDD, I've been using Seagate all my life and never had a problem, but have heard many a story about problems with the 1TB+ Seagates - can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do or buy?
Feel free to leave feedback and/or suggestions about the parts I've picked. Also, I'll need to name it so go nuts!
Until next time,
Currently, there are 2159 Active Users (276 Members and 1883 Guests)
- › Asus Crossblade Ranger Socket FM2+ 2 minutes ago
- › AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver Overclocking Guide - Asus Motherboard 2 minutes ago
- › Collatz Conjecture project support thread 3 minutes ago
- › G.SKILL DDR4 RGB Lighting with Trident Z Series Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [dvhardware] AMD Ryzen has issues with high-frequency DDR4, fix... 4 minutes ago
- › *OFFICIAL* Parvum Systems Owners Club 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 6 minutes ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 8 minutes ago
- › Forum Folding War 2017 9 minutes ago
- › NETGEAR Dual Band 802.11ac Wireless Access Point (WAC104-100NAS) by Terrere
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus Z Ergonomic Laser Gaming Mouse with 2-Zone RGB... by Jedson3614
- › Dungeon Siege III by michaeltibbsjr
- › Sapphire RX 460 2GB Single Fan D5 OC by sepiashimmer
- › NZXT Technologies Kraken X41 140mm All-In-One Liquid Cooling System... by maverickvii
- › JH Audio JH3X Pro by Chipp
- › Cryorig R1 Ultimate CR-R1A Dual Tower CPU Heatsink with 2xXF140 fans by AyyMD
- › Thermaltake PS-SPR-0850FPCBUS-R Smart Pro RGB 850W Zero Fan 80 PLUS... by Jedson3614
- › In Win 509 ROG Gaming eATX by khaosgamer
- › NZXT S340 Mid Tower Cases CA-S340W-B1 Glossy Black by AyyMD
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...