I'm very excited! With news that I am eligible for the Australian Governments deal to reimburse students 50% on computers (upgrades, repairs etc); I have decided to upgrade my build! I'm planning on spending about $2000+AUD on the following items:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU: eVGA GTX 285 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-12800/1600 -
PSU: Corsair TX-850 850W
Case: Antec 1200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
I changed the PSU because my deal on the 1000W Coolermaster fell through. What does everyone think of the Corsair 850W?
I'm also thinking of buying a 1-1.5TB HDD, I've been using Seagate all my life and never had a problem, but have heard many a story about problems with the 1TB+ Seagates - can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do or buy?
Feel free to leave feedback and/or suggestions about the parts I've picked. Also, I'll need to name it so go nuts!
Until next time,
Currently, there are 2375 Active Users (417 Members and 1958 Guests)
- › Help! Growth inside loop?!! 1 minute ago
- › Overclock.net Podcast: LIVE Season 2 1 minute ago
- › Budget intel rig for internet browsing and very very light gaming.... 1 minute ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 2 minutes ago
- › Fury X 3DMark 13 Mega bench (FS / FSE / FSU over 250+ runs) by... 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 4 minutes ago
- › H80i v2 fan upgrade performance. 6 minutes ago
- › [Hardware Unboxed]Pentium G4560: The Ultimate Gaming Benchmark 7 minutes ago
- › 3DMark Time Spy Benchmark Top 30 8 minutes ago
- › HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL 8-Port PCI-Express 2.0 x8 SAS/SATA... by NoelC
- › Tesoro Zone Balance Gaming Chair by WilliamGayde
- › Crucial Storage Executive, Version 3.38 by AlphaC
- › Samsung Magician 5.0 by AlphaC
- › Silverstone PM01 Matte Black by Duality92
- › Azza Photios250 by Duality92
- › COUGAR ATTACK X3 RGB Premium Gaming Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry... by WilliamGayde
- › GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 ATX AMD Motherboard by Butthungrymonkee
- › CRONOS RGB 3D 7.1 Surround Sound PC Gaming Headset by Jedson3614
- › Cougar Minos X3 Gaming Mouse by WilliamGayde
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...