I'm very excited! With news that I am eligible for the Australian Governments deal to reimburse students 50% on computers (upgrades, repairs etc); I have decided to upgrade my build! I'm planning on spending about $2000+AUD on the following items:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU: eVGA GTX 285 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-12800/1600 -
PSU: Corsair TX-850 850W
Case: Antec 1200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
I changed the PSU because my deal on the 1000W Coolermaster fell through. What does everyone think of the Corsair 850W?
I'm also thinking of buying a 1-1.5TB HDD, I've been using Seagate all my life and never had a problem, but have heard many a story about problems with the 1TB+ Seagates - can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do or buy?
Feel free to leave feedback and/or suggestions about the parts I've picked. Also, I'll need to name it so go nuts!
Until next time,
Currently, there are 4083 Active Users (624 Members and 3459 Guests)
- › Can't install Intel RST 28 seconds ago
- › The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club 31 seconds ago
- › [PCWorld] Microsoft pulls August Windows update after crashes 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GeForce GTX TITAN Owners' club 1 minute ago
- › Internet kicking out, any ideas? Even replaced modem and router 1 minute ago
- › No sound when watching youtube videos in goole chrome 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Frozen Path. Sub-Zero Cooling Club. 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The epic "what languages do you *regularly* code in" thead: 3 minutes ago
- › Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter)... by Sensei Andrew
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by ganzosrevenge
- › LG Nexus 5 D820 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Quad-Core Android... by Biosht
- › EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 850W Power... by JackCY
- › Corsair Obsidian 350D by ganzosrevenge
- › Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power... by Bavarianbeast
- › CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Water Cooler by rtprimo
- › Audio-Technica AT2020 USB Condenser USB Microphone by jameyscott
- › BitFenix Comrade BFC-COM-100-WWXS1-RP Computer Case by melek-taus
- › Asus Rampage III Extreme Socket 1366/ Intel X58/ 3-Way SLI &... by XtachiX
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...