I'm very excited! With news that I am eligible for the Australian Governments deal to reimburse students 50% on computers (upgrades, repairs etc); I have decided to upgrade my build! I'm planning on spending about $2000+AUD on the following items:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU: eVGA GTX 285 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-12800/1600 -
PSU: Corsair TX-850 850W
Case: Antec 1200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
I changed the PSU because my deal on the 1000W Coolermaster fell through. What does everyone think of the Corsair 850W?
I'm also thinking of buying a 1-1.5TB HDD, I've been using Seagate all my life and never had a problem, but have heard many a story about problems with the 1TB+ Seagates - can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do or buy?
Feel free to leave feedback and/or suggestions about the parts I've picked. Also, I'll need to name it so go nuts!
Until next time,
Currently, there are 1941 Active Users (409 Members and 1532 Guests)
- › How to Request Your Folding Milestone Badge(s) 44 seconds ago
- › Batch Update Uninstaller - Uninstall Forced Win10 & Telemetry 51 seconds ago
- › Now I can't edit my posts at all, and sometimes just submitting a... 1 minute ago
- › [OC3D]AMD sees huge improvements in their Q2 2016 financial results 2 minutes ago
- › Which fan? airflow or static pressure? 5 minutes ago
- › Adding new cards to the TC 5 minutes ago
- › BIOS/Hardware voltage lock is preventing GTX 1070 from reaching... 5 minutes ago
- › The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official] 6 minutes ago
- › [pcgames] Zen engineering samples in the wild. Units up to the 32... 9 minutes ago
- › Temporary Case Order Suspension – August 1st 10 minutes ago
- › Zotac 1070 Amp! Extreme by Ur64n 50ulj4h
- › Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Reservoir, Clear Tube, White POM Cap by TheCautiousOne
- › Bitspower Z-Multi 250 Water Tank by TheCautiousOne
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by TheCautiousOne
- › Highspeed PC XL-ATX Top Deck Tech Station by Jedson3614
- › Enermax Platimax 1350W by Jedson3614
- › SCOTTeVEST Performance POLO by Jedson3614
- › 1st Player Steampunk Keyboard by TheN00bBuilder
- › Enermax Liqmax II 240 by Jedson3614
- › Cooler Master Master Box 5 by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...