I'm very excited! With news that I am eligible for the Australian Governments deal to reimburse students 50% on computers (upgrades, repairs etc); I have decided to upgrade my build! I'm planning on spending about $2000+AUD on the following items:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU: eVGA GTX 285 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-12800/1600 -
PSU: Corsair TX-850 850W
Case: Antec 1200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
I changed the PSU because my deal on the 1000W Coolermaster fell through. What does everyone think of the Corsair 850W?
I'm also thinking of buying a 1-1.5TB HDD, I've been using Seagate all my life and never had a problem, but have heard many a story about problems with the 1TB+ Seagates - can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do or buy?
Feel free to leave feedback and/or suggestions about the parts I've picked. Also, I'll need to name it so go nuts!
Until next time,
Currently, there are 3063 Active Users (638 Members and 2425 Guests)
- › Steelseries Rival 5 seconds ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club 11 seconds ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 26 seconds ago
- › [Build Log] Mont Noir 2.0 - STH10, Quad Lightnings, 5x1 Eyefinity,... 41 seconds ago
- › [wccf] ASRock’s High-Performance X99 Motherboards Unveiled 56 seconds ago
- › [ASUS] Update: 27" 1440P GSYNC 120Hz RoG Monitor at CES 1 minute ago
- › After some digging around web, the Logitech G402 'Hyperion Fury'... 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Z97 Republic of Gamers Motherboard Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › [TPU] Corsair Debuts First Gaming Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry... 1 minute ago
- › Do you suffer from the BF4 memory leak issue? 1 minute ago
- › Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 1866 2x4gb by oldcompgeek
- › CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply by TheN00bBuilder
- › AMD A4-3300 APU with AMD Radeon 6410 HD Graphics 2.5GHz Socket FM1... by newbiegeekie
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black) by t522
- › powercom SMK-2000A UPS by Zero4549
- › SILVERSTONE ST45SF-G 450W Power Supply by xxroxx
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit... by xxroxx
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by GorbazTheDragon
- › Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases PH-ES614P by DaveLT
- › EVGA 120-G2-1300-XR SuperNOVA 1300 G2 1300W ATX 80+G Power Supply by jameyscott
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A tutorial on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...