I'm very excited! With news that I am eligible for the Australian Governments deal to reimburse students 50% on computers (upgrades, repairs etc); I have decided to upgrade my build! I'm planning on spending about $2000+AUD on the following items:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
GPU: eVGA GTX 285 1GB
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P
RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB PC-12800/1600 -
PSU: Corsair TX-850 850W
Case: Antec 1200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB
I changed the PSU because my deal on the 1000W Coolermaster fell through. What does everyone think of the Corsair 850W?
I'm also thinking of buying a 1-1.5TB HDD, I've been using Seagate all my life and never had a problem, but have heard many a story about problems with the 1TB+ Seagates - can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do or buy?
Feel free to leave feedback and/or suggestions about the parts I've picked. Also, I'll need to name it so go nuts!
Until next time,
Currently, there are 2238 Active Users (478 Members and 1760 Guests)
- › [Scratch Build] Project mATX - Case has arrived! 26 seconds ago
- › [The Verge] Microsoft Surface Book 54 seconds ago
- › IT Career 1 minute ago
- › New build, which way to go 1 minute ago
- › Laptop monitor does 100Hz, but it doesn't work in game =( 2 minutes ago
- › [Various] AMD's Zen To Have 10 Pipelines Per Core - Details Leaked... 2 minutes ago
- › [Youtube] EVGA GTX 980 Ti HYBRID Review (Updated) 3 minutes ago
- › EK-Predator Product News & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] ARK: Survival Evolved 4 minutes ago
- › Are EVGA G2 still the go to PSU? 4 minutes ago
- › Supermicro Motherboard ATX DDR4 3000 C7X99-OCE-O by Hukkel
- › CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply by buttface420
- › PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card VCGGTX9804XPB-CG by jlhawn
- › Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard with Game Panel LCD Screen by Lady Fitzgerald
- › MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard Z170A GAMING M7 by ObscureParadox
- › Poseidon Z RGB Blue Switch KB-PZR-KLBRUS-01 by NerdinOut
- › JVC HAFX102B XX Xtreme Bass Earbuds, Black by un-midas touch
- › Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery (Technician) - Lifetime License by oliverpowell
- › Mionix Castor Multi-Color Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse,... by Maximillion
- › Super Flower Leadex Platinum 550w by NinjaDuck
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning
- › Regarding CSGO MouseMovementRecorder
- › Dangerous Things: xNTi NFC Tag Implants