Just sent good ole US2 a message about a possible winner CPU block design, inspired off my HK3.0. Its pretty easy, and the sheer amount of solid copper left on top would highlight a sweet SwishaMane reading up and down both sides of it vertically...
Solid black border is copper block, smaller black square is CPU IHS, blue square is CPU die(s). Grey lines connecting the input and output g1/4" threaded barbs is chamber for water to constantly flow over fins, squiggly lines over die, for constant flowrate. The biggest overlooked problem with my last block was the bottleneck. Water came ina nd flowed through block nice, but when it got to that chamber to reconnect both ends to single barb, it REALLY was restrictive. So, I wanna stay away from that ALOT.
A somewhat larger chamber for water is in purple, and is my plan B if the fins would be TOO turbulant, or cause restriction. I wanna keep them there, but small(er) than mebbe a normal would be, just to help transfer heat.
I want ANYONE who sees a problem with this design to let me know before he starts to render it and possibly start production.
Personally, I think its solid. If he can keep floor of chamber REALLY close to bottom of copper, keep the fins not restrictive, and the input flowrate closely matches output, then, I dont seen problem with it.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2218 Active Users (296 Members and 1922 Guests)
- › AIO vs custom loop 24 seconds ago
- › Water cooling the ASUS 1080 Ti Turbo 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 4 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 5 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 6 minutes ago
- › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone Still using Windows 7 8 minutes ago
- › [Microsoft] Forza 7 demo out today 10 minutes ago
- › white balls of mould in reservoir :( 12 minutes ago
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...