Well, I've thrown in the towel and decided that whatever my the cause of heat issue, it seems to primarily point back to the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. However great everybody else thinks HDT is, it's not working for me. I'll go with the flat, thin base on the heatsink from now on. I did notice that BenchmarkReview updated their thermal interface material test to 80 from 33 and included method and enthusiast ratings for the TIMs.
I've gone ahead and ordered a Prolimatech Megahalems with an AM2+ adapter kit and a Scythe 1900rpm Slipstream. I added on to that a blue LED 110cfm Cooler Master to replace my 42cfm. My reasoning, both the SilenX 120x25mm 72cfm supply fans are becoming exhuast fans and one of the 2 SilenX 120x38mm exhaust fans (the one on the side panel) is becoming a supply fan. I've got 2 spare Cooler Master 120x25mm fans that I plan on using as circulating fans within the tower. One of the right now is pointed at my ASUS EAH4890 and I've seen a 10C drop there and a ~3C drop in my CPU . Although dropping my overclock back to stock may have helped a little (~2C) there.
With shipping as it is these days, I expect to get my order by the end of the week and have everything completed by next Sunday. This also means that I have to redo some of my wire routing so it doesn't look like a mess AND interfere with good air flow.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1947 Active Users (326 Members and 1621 Guests)
- › [PCGamer] Belgium says loot boxes are gambling, wants them banned... 36 seconds ago
- › GTX 670 waterblock on a GTX 970 1 minute ago
- › [PCG/Hexus] DDR5 memory is twice as fast as DDR4 and slated for 2019 2 minutes ago
- › Internal components in separate case 3 minutes ago
- › FS (2) Evga GTX 1080 TI SC2 Hybrid cards + Destiny 2 3 minutes ago
- › Ryzen DRAM Calculator (overclocking DRAM ) 5 minutes ago
- › OCN Aquaero Owners Club 8 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 8 minutes ago
- › Just Joined your team, saying hello 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › AIM SC808 by Morti
- › Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming by vMax65
- › INTEL Core i5-8600K by vMax65
- › Ninox Venator - Black by vanir1337
- › Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold ATX12V &... by AlphaC
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus R by vanir1337
- › Cooler Master GX - 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply (RS750-ACAAD3-US) by Micss
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA12 GAMING MOUSE by vanir1337
- › Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler ,... by SightUp
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...