I took the plunge and got a Panaflo FBA12G12H1BX 120x38mm 104cfm 41dB fan to replace the Scythe Slipstream 110cfm 37dB fan for my Megahalems. I'm just not getting the cooling I was hoping for with the Slipstream, the static pressure isn't even 1mmH2O. Sure it moves lots of air but without any pressure.
I also ordered a 38mm fan clip and a 12" 3-pin extension cable. The first, since I've gotta hold the fan to the heatsink somehow and the second so I can finally make my case power LED work.
In the 2 or 3 years I've had my CM690, not one time has the power LED lit up. Why you ask? Because it's a 2 pin cable trying to fit on a 3 pin connection. Not very smart IMO. The Intel and AMD motherboards I've always had have had 3 pin connections for the power LED and the CM690 is the first case where I've had a 2 pin cable. A little rewiring and the 3 pin extension becomes a 2-pin to 3-pin adapter or vice versa. IDK why I never thought of that before , guess I was content with at least knowing the HDD LED was on and showing the status.
Another thing to note is that I switched the HSF to a puller on Megatron. Turns out that with the ~3 inches between it and the rear exhaust, I dropped about another 2C. The coldest operating temperature I've seen prior to this (with near 2% cpu activity) was 34C, now I'm getting 32C. Kinda interesting, I wonder what would happen if I fabricated a duct to the rear exhaust . Results probably wouldn't make much of a difference, but I am curious now to see the results.
I'm also looking at fabricating a shroud for the Panaflo as it blows into Megatron. Hmm, maybe 120x38mm like the Panaflo? This will eliminate the dead zone created by the motor hub definitely, but how would I mount all this?
Ahh, food for thought. Until later or I want to rant about something.
Currently, there are 1986 Active Users (237 Members and 1749 Guests)
- › Intel X299 (Socket 2066) VRM thread 17 seconds ago
- › Small gaming build 56 seconds ago
- › [AMD Reddit/Videocardz]No AIB Vega cards before mid October 1 minute ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 1 minute ago
- › [Vortez] Project "GOLD RUSH" Severely Damaged Following Computex... 3 minutes ago
- › IN WIN "Frames" Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 6 minutes ago
- › Help for OC i7 4790K / confused about adaptive voltage 6 minutes ago
- › Bykski Watercooling - Blocks from China 7 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...