First, here's my setup
Motherboard: Asus P5KC
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop
OS Drives: 2-OCZ Vertex Turbo OCZSSD2-1VTXT30G 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) in RAID 0
Hard Drives: 2-Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s in RAID 0
400GB SATA150 7200 RPM 8MB Cache
2-1TB SATA300 7200 RPM
1-DVD+-RW CD-RW Drive
1-SATA150 BD-R HD-DVD-R DVD+-RW CD-RW Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB DDR3 Video Memlory PCIe x16
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Power Supply: RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-530SS 530W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular LED Power Supply
My question is what would be the best/safest overclocking setting I could do? I only use the computer as a place to hold so far 300 movies that I watch on my 40" lcd so I guess the only thing I'd like to see is faster program starting. I'm thinking on getting a Q9650. I thing going from 2.4 to 3.0 ghz might just be enough.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1965 Active Users (241 Members and 1724 Guests)
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 15 seconds ago
- › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin and all Crypto Currencies... 3 minutes ago
- › 1 out of my 4 DIMMs is bad. Is it better for me to run 8GB Dual... 5 minutes ago
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 7 minutes ago
- › Bios is still going to deafault after power off my computer. 9 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Announces 2nd Gen Ryzen & Vega Coming Next Year On 12nm 9 minutes ago
- › FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies 10 minutes ago
- › New build advise 11 minutes ago
- › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) 13 minutes ago
- › raid0 = windows 10 cant restart or shut down? 14 minutes ago
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...