I have abuot had it with the plays that "cannot be challenged" for whatever reason. For the second week in a row, the Bengals have been royally screwed...losing the game as a direct result of an unchallengable play.
Last week: When the Browns were driving on their way to a go-ahead touchdown late in the game, their player was gang tackled. On the way to the ground, he fumbled the ball and review showed that the Bengals recovered. But the refs would not let the play be challenged because they had blown the play dead, claiming that forward progress had been stopped. Absolute crap...the guy had not been pushed back 5-10 yards, which is when they normally whistle a play dead for that reason. No, it was catch-boom-tackle-boom-whistle-fumble. And because the refs were whistle happy, it was not reviewable. Given the see-saw nature of that game, that call unquestionably impacted the outcome.
Yesterday: Even worse. Browns fans may disagree with my statement that the blown call gave Cleveland the game, but there is no way a Seattle fan could make the same claim. The Bengals are up by four points with three minutes to play, and Seattle has to drive 60 yards for a touchdown to win. During the series, the Seattle QB attempted a pass over the middle, which a Bengals linebacker deflected. The Seattle QB caught his own deflected pass, took three steps (only one of which is necessary to establish possession), and fumbled the ball when tackled. Replay showed that the Bengals had clearly recovered the fumble, which would have all but ended the game. But wait! Those fan-freaking-tastic NFL refs once again had blown the play dead...they actually ruled it as an incomplete pass on the field, which was so wrong that retarded monkeys pointed at them and said "No, that's wrong." But because some moronic twit blew their whistle, once again, Cincy was not even allowed to challenge the play...despite incontrovertible evidence that the refs got it wrong.
I sound like a whiny fan, and there is no defending the sub-par performance of my team this year. But I really get irate when they get screwed over by the refs...not once, but twice, in exactly the same way. What's the friggin point of having replay if they aren't going to use it to get the call right, every time?!?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2474 Active Users (470 Members and 2004 Guests)
- › Which 550/ 650w power supply for new build with sleeving? 30 seconds ago
- › [IGN] Activision files patent for microtransaction-minded... 1 minute ago
- › Broadwell-E thread 1 minute ago
- › Considering switching from AIO to custom loop for new build,... 2 minutes ago
- › Building second PC for streaming ( dedicated streaming) 2 minutes ago
- › 1080 Ti now or wait? 2 minutes ago
- › [Techcrunch] Mercedes-Benz will electrify its entire car lineup by... 2 minutes ago
- › [JokerProductions] Massive Framerate Boost for RX Vega56 with FCU... 3 minutes ago
- › [Phys] More than 75 percent decrease in total flying insect biomass... 5 minutes ago
- › [TheVerge]Image of Tesla's electric semi truck surfaces 5 minutes ago
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Antec Mercury 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler by vMax65
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...