My first raid setup was on a nforce 5 series, so setting a raid configuration was easy.
In the bios just set the configuration to raid ten specify the data ports u want to put into raid.
Ie port 2 and 3.
That was nice if u were like me and had 2 harddrives in a raid 1 and a single drive for the os.
With this new ICH10 when u set the configuration to RAID it will put all ports to raid with out the ability to specify what ports will be raid and leave the rest as is.
How it works in a nut shell:
When u put it toraid all non raid devices will work in achi for devices like the sata dvd drives.
If your like me and only use one harddrive for the os u runinto some problems. Ifthe os was aprdy installed when u add the raid u will have some issues, windows will take ages to load and if itdies load it will crash. How ever odd it may sound u will need to install or load the raid drivers rather. Once this is done everything will work properly. I ran into a few other problems getting windows 7 to install correctly but that is for a different discussion. This mayhave been solved by many, but when I ran intothis issue there wasn't to much information to go off of making it more or less a pain or bothersome.
As of this moment I'm on my phone, wheni get home from work I'll be able to add some more detailed information about installing the drivers and formating your hdd with a specific spec for those dealing with a ssd. Windows 7 is very tempermental too when it comes to insatiling I will be going over that as well.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2130 Active Users (328 Members and 1802 Guests)
- › [Apple] iPhone X Reveal 1 minute ago
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Microsoft] Forza 7 demo out today 2 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X Binning 3 minutes ago
- › Choosing fans for the case front panel... 3 minutes ago
- › [Various] Citron Calls Ubiquiti Networks A 'Total Fraud' 6 minutes ago
- › EVGA GTX 970 SSC Gaming ACX 2.0/2.0+/FTW+ 2.0+ Custom UEFI Firmware 6 minutes ago
- › Performance-PCs.com Support 6 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 6 minutes ago
- › Xeb's Misadventures as a Data Recovery Engineer - All good things... 7 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...