We're steadily approaching the 1st of December, right now only about 40 minutes away. December means a few things to me. The weather finally starts to cool down a little bit, I can hole up with my tuba and do a lot of playing. I get to be a lot more active here. But, this December I get to celebrate an anniversary. I've been at Overclock.net for 3 years.
It's a long time, when I think on it. Gosh, I was 13 when I joined. I've spent a lot of time doing a lot of things. I founded and ran the first incarnations of our GPU overclock database. I've admined in CS:S and BF2. I spent a little over a year now as a moderator. And I keep coming back for more, even after breaking 10,000 posts and countless hours spent.
These forums have become an integral part of my life. An opportunity to learn some and read some and teach some and scold some and be happy some and be pissed some. I am member of other forums; I don't think any compare to this one. Who else is better than instant messaging at times?
So, my hat is off to you Overclock.net. And my hat is also off to the members here who keep me wanting to come back day after day to learn from and with, to assist and be assisted by, and to enjoy the pursuit of performance with. Lilly Tomlin has a famous quote, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Well, you guys are thoughtful, and you're committed, and you've certainly changed my world. Thank you.
Here's to 3 years, and here's hoping for many more after that! I can't wait to take some of you along on the journey and ride the OCN train to wherever it goes.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1949 Active Users (371 Members and 1578 Guests)
- › [PCGamesN]AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing” 4 seconds ago
- › [PCGAMER] Final Fantasy 15 hands-on: a sight to see in 4K, if... 39 seconds ago
- › [Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club 44 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 49 seconds ago
- › [Various] Gamescom 2017 Gameplay Videos and Trailers 2 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 3 minutes ago
- › [XSPC] RayStorm Neo (AMD sTR4) Threadripper 4 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech announces G903 and G703 mice with "POWERPLAY" wireless... 5 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 7 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...