Well My best friend was over last night, and after a few games of fooz, we decided to get going.
started, by Ripping Everything apart, Motherboard had to come out, VC had to get it's heatsink removed etc.
had to do some creative moving of things in the case, to get the rad to fit, were the MB would also fit. but it worked out.
I promise Pictures are to come, I took a bunch (just at work right now).
It is all together, and I started her up last night at 1:30 (paying for that this morning) seems to be working just fine, however the Northbridge was a little hot 57-59 (which is what air was)
so I started pushing on things, turns out I may not have tightened the back plate screws enough ... Luckly I could reach a few of them from the CPU backplate hole, tightened them up, and NB went down to 42 which is exceptable. Turned Folding on last night, and woke up this morning worried because I couldn't hear the normal Roar of the computer working away.....
Rushed into my room to find the Compy happily running in the corner.
So at this point everything is fine.
sept I blame EVERYONE here for me getting the wrong part.
after taking the GPU fan off, and getting ready to mount everything, noticed that the GPU block didn't look like it would fit, sure enough. I needed to buy the EK VC 5870 V2 (asus)
and NO ONE told me
So I didn't put the GPU in, and will be phoning the company today or tomorrow to hopefully exchange the one I bought for the one I need.
pictures to be posted when I get home.
Currently, there are 3362 Active Users (765 Members and 2597 Guests)
- › Deathadder Black dying, Can't find a successor 1 second ago
- › fx 6300 + r9 290 benchmarks 45 seconds ago
- › XBMC MC Mirror 56 seconds ago
- › [Official] BitCoin LiteCoin DigitalCoin And all crypto currencies... 1 minute ago
- › What are good HDD to get? 1 minute ago
- › [Sponsored] CL0S3 IMPACT-GPU block and shroud fitted. 1 minute ago
- › The NZXT H Series (H630, H440, H230) Club!! 1 minute ago
- › OCN Battlefield 4 [BF4] Platooon 1 minute ago
- › [RT] Samsung Unveils Chromebook 2 With Full HD Display 2 minutes ago
- › [wccftech] MSI Shows Off Z97 Motherboards Prototypes 2 minutes ago
- › MSI Z77 MPOWER Optimized DDR3 2133 16GB Kit (4 x 4GB) Quad Channel... by PROBN4LYFE
- › SteelSeries 9H Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices by Totally Dubbed
- › SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound... by WilliamGayde
- › Diablotek DA Series PSDA400 400W Power Supply by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › Leopold FC200RR/AB Tenkeyless Linear Touch by Darin
- › VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (Black, Set of 4) by Jolly Roger
- › AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3... by bassman78
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by xploda92
- › BIOSTAR A88M Ver. 6.2 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail by kosynth
- › Hay Day Cheat 2014 For Android iOs by jackmwkams
- › Calculating Power Savings from a Platinum PSU by AlphaC
- › EVGA Hadron Air Chassis - Tips &... by Coreda
- › AMD Mantle, CPU Bottlenecks, CPU Limitations,... by RagingCain
- › [Op-ed/Opinion] Why AMD needs an R9 280 or R9... by AlphaC
- › Qosmio x70-75 Overheating Solutions by Arizonian
- › How to maintain and properly setup an SSD in... by Rookie1337
- › How to get the best sound with and properly... by Rookie1337
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace