Well My best friend was over last night, and after a few games of fooz, we decided to get going.
started, by Ripping Everything apart, Motherboard had to come out, VC had to get it's heatsink removed etc.
had to do some creative moving of things in the case, to get the rad to fit, were the MB would also fit. but it worked out.
I promise Pictures are to come, I took a bunch (just at work right now).
It is all together, and I started her up last night at 1:30 (paying for that this morning) seems to be working just fine, however the Northbridge was a little hot 57-59 (which is what air was)
so I started pushing on things, turns out I may not have tightened the back plate screws enough ... Luckly I could reach a few of them from the CPU backplate hole, tightened them up, and NB went down to 42 which is exceptable. Turned Folding on last night, and woke up this morning worried because I couldn't hear the normal Roar of the computer working away.....
Rushed into my room to find the Compy happily running in the corner.
So at this point everything is fine.
sept I blame EVERYONE here for me getting the wrong part.
after taking the GPU fan off, and getting ready to mount everything, noticed that the GPU block didn't look like it would fit, sure enough. I needed to buy the EK VC 5870 V2 (asus)
and NO ONE told me
So I didn't put the GPU in, and will be phoning the company today or tomorrow to hopefully exchange the one I bought for the one I need.
pictures to be posted when I get home.
Currently, there are 3390 Active Users (984 Members and 2406 Guests)
- › 3D Rendering / Video Editing Build 11 seconds ago
- › Free upgrade to Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0 24 seconds ago
- › Mechanical Keyboard Club! (Now with 48% less citrus) 27 seconds ago
- › [TB] A Different Kind Of “Wearable Tech" 33 seconds ago
- › HELP! Windows install does not see my RAID0 and I can't figure out why 40 seconds ago
- › Games you just couldn't be bothered to finish that other people... 56 seconds ago
- › [AnandTech] Western Digital Releases Black^2: 120GB SSD + 1TB HD... 1 minute ago
- › Swiftech H220/H320 and CM Glacer 240L Owners' Club 1 minute ago
- › TATH \ Caselabs TH 10 + Pedestal "Hill 7.9" 1 minute ago
- › Best tool for confirming GPU OC stability? 1 minute ago
- › CASE ROSEWILL / BLACKHAWK Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case by ricwoodard
- › Rosewill REDBONE Black Computer Case by Algorithm
- › GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 GV-N660OC-2GD Video Card by djthrottleboi
- › OCZ Technology 60 GB Vertex 3 Series SATA III 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch... by Blue Dragon
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by himwhoscalledim
- › Corsair Carbide Series 200R Computer Case by himwhoscalledim
- › COOLER MASTER USA RR-T612-20PK-R1 TPC 612 HEAT SINK INTEL LGA... by damric
- › ASRock Micro ATX DDR2 1066 AM2.AM3 Motherboard (960GC-GS FX) by ViR-tUaL
- › Apevia X-Discovery Mid-T by Newbiegeek
- › COOLER MASTER Elite 310 RC-310-BKR2-GP Black with blue front panel... by Newbiegeek
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace
- › Chat over LAN without cmd using LAN Messenger. by agentoo7
- › Posting Guidelines for Hardware, Vendor, and... by Chipp
- › fan control modding by Dalbaa
- › Why Bonaire is overrated and R7-260X is a... by AlphaC
- › Estimating Fan requirements (draft) by AlphaC
- › Rate My Build by mezzi2010
- › DRAFT : R9 290X compute & workstation by AlphaC
- › Moodle Setup by RUprosprng