Well My best friend was over last night, and after a few games of fooz, we decided to get going.
started, by Ripping Everything apart, Motherboard had to come out, VC had to get it's heatsink removed etc.
had to do some creative moving of things in the case, to get the rad to fit, were the MB would also fit. but it worked out.
I promise Pictures are to come, I took a bunch (just at work right now).
It is all together, and I started her up last night at 1:30 (paying for that this morning) seems to be working just fine, however the Northbridge was a little hot 57-59 (which is what air was)
so I started pushing on things, turns out I may not have tightened the back plate screws enough ... Luckly I could reach a few of them from the CPU backplate hole, tightened them up, and NB went down to 42 which is exceptable. Turned Folding on last night, and woke up this morning worried because I couldn't hear the normal Roar of the computer working away.....
Rushed into my room to find the Compy happily running in the corner.
So at this point everything is fine.
sept I blame EVERYONE here for me getting the wrong part.
after taking the GPU fan off, and getting ready to mount everything, noticed that the GPU block didn't look like it would fit, sure enough. I needed to buy the EK VC 5870 V2 (asus)
and NO ONE told me
So I didn't put the GPU in, and will be phoning the company today or tomorrow to hopefully exchange the one I bought for the one I need.
pictures to be posted when I get home.
Currently, there are 1935 Active Users (231 Members and 1704 Guests)
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 41 seconds ago
- › Odd voltage usage(7600K) 4 minutes ago
- › Thinking about the 8600K 4 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 6 minutes ago
- › [Kickstarter] Pimax: The World's First 8K VR Headset 6 minutes ago
- › a quick question for yall 8 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Broadwell-E thread 8 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG GTX 1080 Ti Poseidon 8 minutes ago
- › Cable Sleeving Gallery & Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...