Well my new computer is stable at 3.8 right now .
after putting linux on the system, and shortly after that missing my games, forced me back to windows (I keep crossing my fingers for WINE, but still not as good).
After that I decided that it was time to bite the bullet. I made a list, Checked it twice.
At the top of naughty, was the restart problem I was having with my new board(if you have followed the blog).
Turns out it was the front panel, I had screwed in, was off a little and pressing on it (not actually connecting a device) was grounding the connections, causing a restart.
on the list of nice.
overclocking. went into the bios, pushed the mutli up to 18 and restarted.
everything was stable, and working well.
decided that I didn't want to change the mutli, so I reset and started with the bus.
at 16 multi and no added voltage, the system was easily stable at 3.8 and has been folding/gaming/everything for 3 days now, no crashes no artifacts nothing.
next step, getting my two other gaming systems up and FOLDING!, think I might order in some 460's to do that job.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2570 Active Users (414 Members and 2156 Guests)
- › [Official] Overwatch Information and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › [PC Gamer] Age of Empires IV announced 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › EK Club 3 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution,... 4 minutes ago
- › FOR SALE: WATER COOLING Loop BLOW OUT PART OUT, fittings, rads,... 4 minutes ago
- › Z270 boards with fast boot option? 5 minutes ago
- › ACER Predator X34 Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › [PCGAMER] Final Fantasy 15 hands-on: a sight to see in 4K, if... 6 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...