Ok so I just recently purchased a HR-03 GT to cool my 8800 GT mainly so I could keep the temps down but also to quieten the bloody thing down. As that stock fan makes a racket and a half when at full pelt.
When I made the purchase the last thing in my mind was that I would overclock the card. I mean this pc is the first I have ever owned let alone built.
But since looking at reviews to find the best possible heatsink for the 8800 GT I came across a plethora of information regarding people who push their computers to the limit just for kicks. I couldn't believe people would risk the money they had put in to their computers. So I decided to look into this idea of overclocking and what it was about. I hung around on a few forums and also asked a few questions here and there, until finally I decided that no longer could I be this voyeur and that I just had to give it ago if I was to understand this phenomenon.
So I went and downloaded RivaTuner and the ATITool and gave it ago. No sooner had I started pushing my card to its limits I started to get cold feet on this idea. I stopped reset to defaults and waited. What I was waiting for was unclear. How long was I going to wait I didn't know, though I soon found out.
5 minutes later I was back trying to push the 8800 GT as far as it could go and still (that magical word) stable. Since then only a week has passed but I am now thinking more about what's happening in my case then ever before trying to work out how I could best optimise the air flow. Organising with my dad to use his compressor to clean my case out of all the dust. Thinking about how I can modify my case to add extra air flow and even thinking about the possible addition of a water cooling loop so I can now push my CPU as far as I can while still getting decent temperatures.
So my question to people is this:-
Do you think that overclocking is a addiction?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2199 Active Users (385 Members and 1814 Guests)
- › [Twitter] JayzTwoCents: "I no longer recommend Radeon" 31 seconds ago
- › [Build log] Custom Desk PC/ PC in Desk (Building Stage) 2 minutes ago
- › [YT] Dragonball Z 2D Fighter For PC: Hyper DRAGONBALL Z Announced!... 2 minutes ago
- › EK-Predator Club & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 6 minutes ago
- › [Pre-order] [Amazon] Xbox Project Scorpio 8 minutes ago
- › Ryzen Threadripper 1950X in my sights 9 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 10 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club 14 minutes ago
- › [Newegg] HTC Vive $599 18 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...