Well, just randomly decided to start thinking again (oh noes...)....
What is the meaning of life? Many people explore this question and come up with a multitude of different answers. Some go as far as to say that this life is punishment and we should be miserable... while others claim the opposite... this is our one and only life, and we gotta make the best of it that we can.
But, those don't answer the question, they just interpret a possible answer and specify what to do with that knowledge - without actually answering the question.
The most common answer I hear is "what you make of it". But... does that not imply that 'God' is intrinsic and thus there cannot be religion other than narcissism...?
Think about it: religious nuts say god created us. Science nerds say things like the big bang theory and the postulate that uses electricity water and dirt to make amino acids and etc. to make life.
Then there are those that say that religion is right, and that science is right. And more so even say that both are right - god invented science and thus god used science to bring us to be. Thus, sure, big bang theory caused be god.
But once again, these don't answer the question.
The meaning of life. How would one find such an answer. Another interpretation of the answer is: Life is a journey.
But, isn't that true of everything? Experience in itself is the journey. Thus life is experience.
But then you could get into other issues - a baby does not have much of experience, but they clearly live.
So, experience is thus life. Not the other way around.
So if experience is life, then that solves the problem of babies who live and die in a short amount of time. The lived, and thus they experienced. But, then, what about a fetus. That's another easy one: they cannot be defined as experiencing life, and thus they cannot be designated as alive. However, they are clearly not dead... Uh oh...
Don't worry, that's easy to fix. They share a symbiotic relationship with their mother. As such, even if they are not alive, they are not dead, because they are gaining life from the mother. And since the mother is clearly alive, by symbiotic relationship, the fetus is alive.
But once again, we don't answer the question.
What is the meaning of life?
What if there is no meaning? Would we Be? I capitalize that intentionally. Just so we are on the same page. If you don't understand why, then you'll be stuck thinking about it for a while.
So, if life had no meaning, how would things be? Would we exist at all? Would everything not be menial.
Well, if life had no meaning, we would not feel sad when someone died. We would not get upset when there is a big problem affecting large amounts of people. In short, we wouldn't have hospitals, or research. We wouldn't have medicine or anything at all. This applies further to animals - we have vets, we try to save endangered animals. Thus life clearly has meaning. By intrinsic instinct if not by anything else.
But what of serial killers? They claim to feel no remorse, do they not? Well, after a few years in prison, alot of them claim that they claim to feel sorry about what they did and whatnot. But do they really?
No way to tell, really. But I think that they must feel something: must be a little bit upset or hurt when the kill. That's why most serial killers that play games with the cops play games. They WANT to be caught. They feel what they are doing is wrong, but enjoy it none-the-less.
So, hopefully we're all at an understanding - either you disagree or agree, and have something to say. If you don't have anything to say... then we're at a misunderstanding.
So, I propose to you: what is the meaning of life?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2428 Active Users (443 Members and 1985 Guests)
- › GEFORCE GTX logo colour change on Titan 2 minutes ago
- › What to do with a half destroyed E540 2 minutes ago
- › Worth getting hybrid drive as secondary? 5 minutes ago
- › NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 6 minutes ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD’s RX Vega 56 and 64’s $399 and $499 Price Tag Was A... 6 minutes ago
- › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards 6 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 9 minutes ago
- › Is a 4690 (non K) a bottleneck for my 1080Ti? 9 minutes ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North... 10 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...