Anyway, onto the build:
- Intel Core i7 860 2.80Ghz CPU (target OC 4GHz)
- MSI P55-GD65 motherboard
- G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB DDR3 CAS7 1600MHz RAM
- Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB HDD
- Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Dual Fan CPU cooler
- Akasa 12cm Blue LED case fan (to replace my current exhaust)
- ATI Radeon 4850 GPU (from current rig)
- Samsung 250Gb HDD (from current rig)
I'll be updating this blog once I've got the parts, and while I'm on the build. Due to the parts that I'm re-using from my current rig, there is work to do to get it operational again - I'll be replacing the GPU with an nVidia 9500GT, and replacing the case with a new cheap one (with a no-brand PSU *shudder*). Plus I've got to clone the main boot drive onto the VelociRaptor, quite a bit of data to shift there.
Target date for build commencement is 24th October - my next post should be then!