I know this is a old cpu but here's my problem
Let me give you the specs of my machine
Striker 2 extreme mobo
2x2gigs corsair dominators ddr3 1600
2x2gigs kingstone hyperX ddr3 1600
Gtx460 oc edition msi
Gigabyte g power2 cpu cooler
700w corsair GS700
My pc had previously been oc'd to 3.4ghz....at the time I had a 550w psu gigabyte....I figured that if I wanted to get mor juice out of the cpu, get a bigger psu.....so today was that dat, I got myself the 700w corsair psu....conected started up....and began the overclocking.....just managed to get pass 3.5ghz....and booted loggd in2 windows 7 64bit....ran a small benchmark....and got a blue screen....pc restarted but while posting bios read my cpu as having 2 cores....so I "ctrl-alt-del" and wen into d bios to see if it was anything that I had mistakenly changed....but all seemed fine.....so I saved n restarted, but again when posting it said q6600 @ 3.4 x 2....got into windows.....in cpuZ only two cpus.....device manager same....2 cpus....I paniked....restarted wen into bios.....and loaded defalt settings.....it showed all 4 cores at 2.4ghz....I taught cool l'm safe.....den restarted pc again loaded my oc profile and when posting,again it showed only two cores....so jumped into bios again loaded default....an it showed 4 cores at 2.4ghz....nw I'm bit confused, I dnt knw what is at fault, motherboard or cpu.....btw v core never ever went over 1.5.help please anyone.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1904 Active Users (268 Members and 1636 Guests)
- › Old W7 install, peripherals not recognised. Stuck in login screen 33 seconds ago
- › recomend psu for watercooling 4 minutes ago
- › [Various] [Updated] New processors are now blocked from receiving... 4 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries Rival & Sensei 310 Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › [eTeknix] Intel’s Core i9-7960X Takes 8 Out of 9 Records Versus... 5 minutes ago
- › Waited for Vega... Then bought 1080ti 10 minutes ago
- › [Sponsored] Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse Review - by Ino 11 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8 Core HEDT CPU Officially... 13 minutes ago
- › [Official] Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Owners Club 14 minutes ago
- › Help me select the best power supply out of these (PSUs available... 15 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...