My x2 3600 with an 8800 GTS got 10-15 fps in dirt with medium settings, 45-50 in lost planet on ALMOST full. I'm kind of an idiot in that I like having better than good things.(I can't have an 8600, its gotta be an 8800!; Can't live with the Zune I already have I've gotta have an iPod touch! ) Guess I'm spoiled. Still, dirt lagged a lot more than I would've liked.
So I tell my dad I'm gonna try and sell my x2 and tforce 550 board(which I bought on ebay literally less than a week ago) on ebay and try for a core 2 duo. My dad immediately said I'd better get a quad-core because he was tired of me upgrading. o.o He also said he'd buy my 3600+ and motherboard for $125, making the total amount of money I had for an upgrade $275.(I had 150 from selling my zune) My dad also said he'll give me like a little more to pay for the motherboard if I need it.
So I look for cheap Q6600's but in the end I buy a B3 from microcenter for 270, with an MSI P35 Neo. Which didn't work no matter what we did. It turned on but didn't display anything on the monitor. So a couple days later we go back and exchange both the quad-core and neo for another quad and a ASUS PK5. I hook it up, it doesn't work. Same problem as the MSI board. My dad played with it for 4 hours today, I messed with it, and we tried days before that.
Quad-cores hate me.
Currently, there are 2344 Active Users (411 Members and 1933 Guests)
- › [custompcreview] Google Chromecast Ultra Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch 1 second ago
- › [ScientificAmerican] Earth’s CO2 Passes the 400 PPM Threshold—Maybe... 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 3 minutes ago
- › Any opinions or reviews on the new Dell S2417DG? 4 minutes ago
- › [FS] Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce ~ Excellent Condition ~ ***PRICE... 4 minutes ago
- › Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club 5 minutes ago
- › ZEN - Hyper Thread 6 minutes ago
- › [Engadget] US regulators warn customers about exploding Samsung... 6 minutes ago
- › [ Build Log ] Thermaltake Core P5 Full Acrylic water-cooled & Wall... 8 minutes ago
- › Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Gaming Mouse 9 minutes ago
- › ADATA Technology SU800 SSD Review by Jedson3614
- › be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Red by Duality92
- › AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (Latest Standard) by TheCautiousOne
- › Microsoft Internet Keyboard PS/2 by Mingan
- › Cherry MX 6.0 Keyboard by geggeg
- › Seagate Barracuda XT 4TB ST4000DM000 by Pawelr98
- › Corsair Air Series SP 140 LED Blue High Static Pressure Fan Cooling... by Alastair
- › ASUS ROG Eagle Eye GX1000 by jordehn
- › Mondo Rez by jordehn
- › ASRock H170 Performance/Hyper by Xaltar
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...