My x2 3600 with an 8800 GTS got 10-15 fps in dirt with medium settings, 45-50 in lost planet on ALMOST full. I'm kind of an idiot in that I like having better than good things.(I can't have an 8600, its gotta be an 8800!; Can't live with the Zune I already have I've gotta have an iPod touch! ) Guess I'm spoiled. Still, dirt lagged a lot more than I would've liked.
So I tell my dad I'm gonna try and sell my x2 and tforce 550 board(which I bought on ebay literally less than a week ago) on ebay and try for a core 2 duo. My dad immediately said I'd better get a quad-core because he was tired of me upgrading. o.o He also said he'd buy my 3600+ and motherboard for $125, making the total amount of money I had for an upgrade $275.(I had 150 from selling my zune) My dad also said he'll give me like a little more to pay for the motherboard if I need it.
So I look for cheap Q6600's but in the end I buy a B3 from microcenter for 270, with an MSI P35 Neo. Which didn't work no matter what we did. It turned on but didn't display anything on the monitor. So a couple days later we go back and exchange both the quad-core and neo for another quad and a ASUS PK5. I hook it up, it doesn't work. Same problem as the MSI board. My dad played with it for 4 hours today, I messed with it, and we tried days before that.
Quad-cores hate me.
Currently, there are 2582 Active Users (386 Members and 2196 Guests)
- › 15x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 (Original) 30 seconds ago
- › Swiftech H220/H320/H220X/H240X/H140X and CM Glacer 240L/360L... 1 minute ago
- › [techland] Dying Light CPU Optimization Patch on its way! 1 minute ago
- › LG 34UM95 and LG 34UM65 Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › Weird bsod 0x00000F4 2 minutes ago
- › FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies 3 minutes ago
- › GTX 970s can only use 3.5GB of 4GB VRAM issue 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › Intel Pentium G2030 / 3 GHz processor by Kosenator
- › XSPC Raystorm CPU Block for Intel Socket LGA 775, 1156, 1155, 1366,... by ffhammack
- › XSPC D5 reservoir by ffhammack
- › XSPC EX240 by ffhammack
- › FinalMouse 2015 by kaptchka
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified Video Card by vargus14
- › Xfx Radeon HD 4870x2 by cvin
- › VisionTek USB Pocket SSD 120GB by WilliamGayde
- › Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop... by dennphill
- › Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz LGA 2011 Six-Core Desktop Processor by DamselinDistres
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend