My x2 3600 with an 8800 GTS got 10-15 fps in dirt with medium settings, 45-50 in lost planet on ALMOST full. I'm kind of an idiot in that I like having better than good things.(I can't have an 8600, its gotta be an 8800!; Can't live with the Zune I already have I've gotta have an iPod touch! ) Guess I'm spoiled. Still, dirt lagged a lot more than I would've liked.
So I tell my dad I'm gonna try and sell my x2 and tforce 550 board(which I bought on ebay literally less than a week ago) on ebay and try for a core 2 duo. My dad immediately said I'd better get a quad-core because he was tired of me upgrading. o.o He also said he'd buy my 3600+ and motherboard for $125, making the total amount of money I had for an upgrade $275.(I had 150 from selling my zune) My dad also said he'll give me like a little more to pay for the motherboard if I need it.
So I look for cheap Q6600's but in the end I buy a B3 from microcenter for 270, with an MSI P35 Neo. Which didn't work no matter what we did. It turned on but didn't display anything on the monitor. So a couple days later we go back and exchange both the quad-core and neo for another quad and a ASUS PK5. I hook it up, it doesn't work. Same problem as the MSI board. My dad played with it for 4 hours today, I messed with it, and we tried days before that.
Quad-cores hate me.
Currently, there are 3043 Active Users (599 Members and 2444 Guests)
- › Skylake Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] 36 seconds ago
- › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 1 minute ago
- › The Little Big Bullitt - a caselabs bh4 Bullet build 1 minute ago
- › [PCLab] Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme - 2000MHz right out of the box 2 minutes ago
- › Xeon Hacking and Overclocking X79/X99 [Beyond X58] 2 minutes ago
- › Build Log - [Millennium] - Mercury S8S 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case PHANTEKS Case Club for lovers & owners 2 minutes ago
- › [Fudzilla]GTX 1080 Best-selling high card in history sources claim 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] EVGA Classified & K|NGP|N Owner's Club 4 minutes ago
- › PNY CS2211 by Jedson3614
- › Ubuntu MATE 16.04 by DownshiftArtist
- › Netgear Nighthawk x4 AC2200 by Jedson3614
- › PNY Anarchy X 16GB 2800MHz by Jedson3614
- › Asus X99-A II by ondoy
- › Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome) by Plastic Noise
- › Creative Sound Blaster X H5 by Jedson3614
- › PNY GTX 960 XLR8 by Jedson3614
- › Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Mechanical Keyboard by WilliamGayde
- › Sound Blaster X G5 by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...