My x2 3600 with an 8800 GTS got 10-15 fps in dirt with medium settings, 45-50 in lost planet on ALMOST full. I'm kind of an idiot in that I like having better than good things.(I can't have an 8600, its gotta be an 8800!; Can't live with the Zune I already have I've gotta have an iPod touch! ) Guess I'm spoiled. Still, dirt lagged a lot more than I would've liked.
So I tell my dad I'm gonna try and sell my x2 and tforce 550 board(which I bought on ebay literally less than a week ago) on ebay and try for a core 2 duo. My dad immediately said I'd better get a quad-core because he was tired of me upgrading. o.o He also said he'd buy my 3600+ and motherboard for $125, making the total amount of money I had for an upgrade $275.(I had 150 from selling my zune) My dad also said he'll give me like a little more to pay for the motherboard if I need it.
So I look for cheap Q6600's but in the end I buy a B3 from microcenter for 270, with an MSI P35 Neo. Which didn't work no matter what we did. It turned on but didn't display anything on the monitor. So a couple days later we go back and exchange both the quad-core and neo for another quad and a ASUS PK5. I hook it up, it doesn't work. Same problem as the MSI board. My dad played with it for 4 hours today, I messed with it, and we tried days before that.
Quad-cores hate me.
Currently, there are 3019 Active Users (608 Members and 2411 Guests)
- › BOINCers Gone Bonkers #55 - October 6th-9th 18 seconds ago
- › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › R9 280x 2D voltage issues 57 seconds ago
- › Geforce 8800 DESTRUCTION Competition - DISCUSSION THREAD 1 minute ago
- › [Guru3D] Owners of Freesync Monitors can enlarge Hz range with... 1 minute ago
- › OCN Water Cooling Club And Picture Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › [The Verge] Microsoft Surface Book 2 minutes ago
- › How To: Anti-Aliasing/Shader Injection (SweetFX, GeDoSaTo, GEMFX,... 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Destiny Information & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply by buttface420
- › PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card VCGGTX9804XPB-CG by jlhawn
- › Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard with Game Panel LCD Screen by Lady Fitzgerald
- › MSI Computer ATX DDR4 Motherboard Z170A GAMING M7 by ObscureParadox
- › Poseidon Z RGB Blue Switch KB-PZR-KLBRUS-01 by NerdinOut
- › JVC HAFX102B XX Xtreme Bass Earbuds, Black by un-midas touch
- › Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery (Technician) - Lifetime License by oliverpowell
- › Mionix Castor Multi-Color Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse,... by Maximillion
- › Super Flower Leadex Platinum 550w by NinjaDuck
- › Kingston Digital HyperX Predator 240 GB PCIe Gen2 x4 Solid State... by WilliamGayde
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix
- › overcloking gtx 770 lightning
- › Regarding CSGO MouseMovementRecorder
- › Dangerous Things: xNTi NFC Tag Implants