My x2 3600 with an 8800 GTS got 10-15 fps in dirt with medium settings, 45-50 in lost planet on ALMOST full. I'm kind of an idiot in that I like having better than good things.(I can't have an 8600, its gotta be an 8800!; Can't live with the Zune I already have I've gotta have an iPod touch! ) Guess I'm spoiled. Still, dirt lagged a lot more than I would've liked.
So I tell my dad I'm gonna try and sell my x2 and tforce 550 board(which I bought on ebay literally less than a week ago) on ebay and try for a core 2 duo. My dad immediately said I'd better get a quad-core because he was tired of me upgrading. o.o He also said he'd buy my 3600+ and motherboard for $125, making the total amount of money I had for an upgrade $275.(I had 150 from selling my zune) My dad also said he'll give me like a little more to pay for the motherboard if I need it.
So I look for cheap Q6600's but in the end I buy a B3 from microcenter for 270, with an MSI P35 Neo. Which didn't work no matter what we did. It turned on but didn't display anything on the monitor. So a couple days later we go back and exchange both the quad-core and neo for another quad and a ASUS PK5. I hook it up, it doesn't work. Same problem as the MSI board. My dad played with it for 4 hours today, I messed with it, and we tried days before that.
Quad-cores hate me.
Currently, there are 2182 Active Users (366 Members and 1816 Guests)
- › [Various] GTX 1080 Reviews 32 seconds ago
- › [PCWorld] Total War: Warhammer DX12 Benchmarks 1 minute ago
- › [NAG] NDA for AMD's Radeon Graphics Macau event is 29 June 2016 1 minute ago
- › Time for a new rig. Starting here. 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair Carbide Air 240 Owner's Club 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Silverstone Case Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › [YT] The Best VOIP for Gaming (VIDEO) 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club 9 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 11 minutes ago
- › dell latitude vs inspiron? 11 minutes ago
- › Acer Predator X34 by Jedson3614
- › Gigabyte Technology Z170N-WIFI by Jedson3614
- › HyperX FURY SSD by Jedson3614
- › Waves. by TheCautiousOne
- › Intel Q9650 LGA 775 by cat1092
- › Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155 by jkuddyh801
- › Netgear Inc. Nighthawk X8 by Jedson3614
- › Netgear AC 6210 by Jedson3614
- › Kingston HyperX Cloud II by Jedson3614
- › Netgear Inc. Nighthawk X4 R7800 by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...