First of all let me state one thing. I am not a writer. It's hard to explain I guess. Most of what we know as "thinkers" on this blog tend to be philosophical thinkers. I am not this kind of person. I don't have a smooth way with words that captivates your mind. I guess to put it blatantly, I am a problem solver.
To be honest I have no idea what blogging is, or about. In fact this is only my 3rd blog ever. And my first two were just small thoughts I had. I see all these "Bloggers" that captivate people with their thoughts. Well my aim isn't to captivate, but rather inform. Though I may not be much of a writer, I love to share my knowledge with people. I am constantly learning. Like I read in another blog, when you are bored... a good thing to do is read. Though I actually haven't read a book in a long time (want to get back into it) I read lots of stuff online. One thing leads to another, and the next thing I know, I'm totally off topic from what I was looking for.
Anyway, what brought this up is sleeping. I was reading catmmm's blog about how just laying in bed after you wake up is the greatest thing. I agree. Life is so busy that sleeping is just about the only thing that feels calm.
What I wanted to talk about was the concept of Lucid Dreaming. This was brought about by the end of a TV show I was watching (can't remember which), in which I heard the term "lucid dream". I decided to Google it. I was in for a long read.
In case nobody has ever heard of it, "a lucid dream is a dream in which the person is aware that they are dreaming while the dream is in progress, also known as a conscious dream. When the dreamer is lucid, they can actively participate in and often manipulate the imaginary experiences in the dream environment. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream." -Wikipedia
Just about everyone has had one at least 1 time in their life, but it's really hard to actually make it happen. (At least for me).
I've read a lot about it, and really wanted to try to make it happen, but I never could... and eventually gave up.
If anyone has information, please let me know. This is something that seems awesome. Just imagine, going to sleep... and being able to do whatever you want in your dream. Just get away like a mini vacation every night. I think it would help with stress related issues.
Transistioning to another random thought. I hate my job. Well I don't necessarily hate my job. I actually love my job, if I did MY job. I am "the IT dude" of a small company. Naturally everybody thinks the IT guy solves ALL issues that have to do with any computer work. You see, my company is the regional office for a small chain of convenience stores. We just laid off a few people, one of them being the guy who takes care of the prices of all the items. Now I am getting work shoved into my already underpaid face to do this non-tech related work. What a load of crap. If I hadn't only been here 7 months, I'd be finding a new job. Too bad this is really my only work experience in my field. Any suggestions?
Oh, as I was typing this I had another thing come to my attention of how retarded my life is.
Friday I went to my college to buy some books. I need 1 class to graduate with an Associates in Computer Networking. The class is like a 2nd semester class "Internet and Intranet", CISS 225. So I go to pick out the book. And I grab CISS 245. Now mind you, I didn't ever buy the book for this class, otherwise I would have realized. So I buy this book, and it sets me back $90. I think to myself, damn... now I hope they let me return it. So I look at the return policy. It states that they only accept returns for the first week of class. Well it's been 2. So I email them hoping to get through to someone who will understand. I get an email right now from them stating they cannot take it back. So now, they expect me to pay for my other classes books, and take the $90 hit for this book and just keep it? I could see if someone used it for a couple weeks, or even a week. But this book is 3 days old and I haven't even opened it! Gahhh this makes me angry.
Time to chill out. Oh geez, looks like I've wasted enough time at work. Time to eat my Chocolate Fudge Pop Tart and get back to doing that stuff that isn't part of my job description.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1814 Active Users (211 Members and 1603 Guests)
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 1 minute ago
- › 7700k pride drop to 238 then it vanished 1 minute ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 2 minutes ago
- › [Youtube] Valkyria Chronicles 4 Announced 5 minutes ago
- › Unsolved mouse problem (bounty) 8 minutes ago
- › Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) for Threadripper? 11 minutes ago
- › Coffee Lake Binning 13 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 14 minutes ago
- › EK Club 16 minutes ago
- › INTEL Core i5-8600K by vMax65
- › Ninox Venator - Black by vanir1337
- › Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold ATX12V &... by AlphaC
- › Tt eSPORTS Ventus R by vanir1337
- › Cooler Master GX - 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply (RS750-ACAAD3-US) by Micss
- › ZOWIE GEAR ZA12 GAMING MOUSE by vanir1337
- › Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler ,... by SightUp
- › ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac by gopackersjt
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...