Wow, I found a review on SilenX fans and found out that my 120x38mm, 90cfm fans only push approximately 34cfm . That sucks hard since they don't even put out a lot of static pressure. Dude, I am madder than a wet hen in the middle of a rain storm . I feel like I flushed nearly $90 down the toilet. The noise doesn't bother me so much as the lack of cfm.
Live and learn, this is my first full on build in nearly 6 or 7 years. The last build I did was because of deceptive salesmanship at a CompUSA, I asked if a PIV 2.4GHz 478pin cpu would work on my HP motherboard, I was replacing a PIV 1.8GHz 478pin cpu. They said it should, so I bought it and the darn thing wouldn't even POST. I bought a Abit VT7 and started a build since I couldn't even return the cpu (jerks).
I bought my last desktop pc (Dell Inspiron 531) as a Christmas gift to my wife and I in December 2007 and my laptop for school in May 2008. Got my tax refund, heard about the Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition and the rest they say is history.
Right now I'm more interested in finding a good 120x38mm fan with a high static pressure. Static pressure is VERY difficult information to find, much less know that it is accurate. Turns out the Scythe Slipstream I've got on my Megahalems is to weak to push 110cfm through it, so I need something with more push, maybe pull, idk, I'll figure it out latter I guess.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1808 Active Users (290 Members and 1518 Guests)
- › Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC... 1 minute ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD’s RX Vega 56 and 64’s $399 and $499 Price Tag Was A... 2 minutes ago
- › [PC Gamer] Age of Empires IV announced 4 minutes ago
- › It's been a while, time to build again! 4 minutes ago
- › [Wired] Earth has entered into a sixth mass extinction event 5 minutes ago
- › [Question] Temperatures on my MSI GP62 2QE LEOPARD PRO 6 minutes ago
- › Official- Heatkiller Club 6 minutes ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 12 minutes ago
- › Acer Z35P In hand and small review 19 minutes ago
- › keeping the beast alive!! x58 style! 19 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...