With the current economy and loosing my job a year ago this past July, I have found myself having to 're-invent' myself. It is a scary proposition at my age, but if I ever want a chance to obtain stable employment I have no choice.
So, I find myself going back to college. It's been 17 years since I last went to college. Back then, I did not really have a clue what I wanted to do but the amazing thing that changed the course of my life was my introduction to computers. Of course, it was all new to me then, so my degree only included a minor in information systems. When I finished I knew I wanted to go on someday for a bachelor's degree...but I did not know what to major in.
Well, now I do. I started taking online courses through Western Governor's University for a Bachelor's Degree in IT Network Design and Management.
It's scary. I love computers and am pretty good at figuring most things out, but these textbooks make me sleepy with all the technological terms and acronyms
So this will be my challenge for the next few years. Stay awake long enough to read the books / online resources until I get into something I can dig my keyboard into. Then I'll soar!
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1861 Active Users (249 Members and 1612 Guests)
- › Silver coil broke (?) and got stuck in pump 3 seconds ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › Dream Machines DM1 Pro S 3 minutes ago
- › i9-7900X 4.7GHz delid binned for 4.7 GHz AIR COOLED 8 minutes ago
- › AIO cooler making started making lot of liquid noises. 9 minutes ago
- › Stuck on Radiator Choice 11 minutes ago
- › [PCGAMER] PUBG exec contemplating 'further action' over Fortnite... 12 minutes ago
- › [Ars] Severe flaw in WPA2 protocol leaves Wi-Fi traffic open to... 12 minutes ago
- › Z370 / Z390 VRM Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dell S2716DG 1440 144 Hz G-Sync Owners Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ARCTIC Accelero Mono Plus VGA Cooler - 120mm Efficient PWM Fan,... by Smanci
- › Joyful Heart Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Headphone by TechChunk
- › Antec Mercury 360mm AIO Liquid Cooler by vMax65
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...