Related Forum Threads
- XoticPC.com, Sager NP9170, playing games and system just shuts off! Last post on 4/15/13 at 12:39pm in Laptops and Netbooks
- building a new pc with $1600 Last post on 7/18/12 at 7:51pm in General Processor Discussions
- weird wdtv live and media server issue Last post on 5/3/12 at 7:40am in HTPC
- Converting old PC to HTPC. What should I be aware of? Last post on 3/30/12 at 12:14am in HTPC
- Help with 500 dollar WoW build Last post on 3/27/12 at 5:30pm in AMD - General
How to rip a Windows 7/8 Image using WinPE4.0 and DISM
Edited on 4/26/13
- AppV Management Console Crashing RepairEdited on 3/19/12
- Antec Three Hundred Vs An Outdated Pc CaseEdited on 1/25/12
Alphabetical Article List
Repair Start-Menu Right Click
SO, you have configured Win7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit) JUST the way you like it, except one small catch, you can't seem to right click inside the Start Menu?
Really simple fix, its just a setting change, and yes it CAN get turned on itself as I discovered.
A lot of suggestions said do a system restore, scan the hard-disk, but this is where you should go to first before deciding Windows has packed in and needs a reformat/repair.
Problem / Symptoms:
Unable to Right Click icons in the Start-Menu.
Unable to Drag/Drop icons in the Start-Menu.
Unable to perform all secondary actions associated with the previous two, such as pinning or deleting.
User/System changed settings on Start-Menu Properties.
How To Fix:
Right-Click the Start-Menu button or ORB if you have Aero Basic/Aero running, and select Properties.
Go to Customize... Button on the Start Menu tab, it should take you to this tab automatically.
Once open, scroll down about halfway, and re-enable Context Menus and Dragging and Dropping. IF it is already enabled but still not working, try disabling, apply, close this all out, and go all the way back in and re-enable it to confirm it changed.
- AppV Management Console Crashing Repair
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club 4 seconds ago
- › Evga GTX 680 with Corsair H100i -The mod 4 seconds ago
- › [Build Log] "Make Money and Buy Sh**" LD PC-V7 | Rampage IV | Titan... 9 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S IV or HTC One 10 seconds ago
- › Alienware Alienware™ Aurora™ R4 Purchased for $1369.00 BRAND NEW! 17 seconds ago
- › Room setup bad for power supply and PC? 33 seconds ago
- › Please Help! I Get BSOD and GSOD when gaming and I think its either... 45 seconds ago
- › Ubuntu Emac mod, planning 58 seconds ago
- › Swiftech H220 Owners' Club 1 minute ago
- › Need some serious help 1 minute ago
- › TX-521 black micro ATX computer case by unexpectedly
- › Thermaltake Commander Series VN40006W2N Computer Case by unexpectedly
- › CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3... by TLHarrell
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by junhawng
- › Metro: Last Light - Standard Edition by boredgunner
- › Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W Computer Case With... by Alan G
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by DoomDash
- › GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition GV-R787OC-2GD Video Card by VitalShot
- › Crucial Ballistix sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600... by Fieldsweeper
- › Creative 70SB150000000 Sound Card by Fieldsweeper
- › METRO 2033 STARTUP CRASH FIX WORKS by xiangelo
- › Why are DNS Servers Important? How to make... by exzacklyright
- › Titanium Backup Guide For Newbies by exzacklyright
- › How to install ADB (Android Debug Bridge) by exzacklyright
- › How to take ownership of a file, folder, or... by exzacklyright
- › How to disable the open file security warning... by exzacklyright
- › Clean and Make a USB Bootable Flash Drive for... by exzacklyright
- › Efficiency Trials by dava4444
- › How on EARTH Do I Build a Computer??... by dava4444
- › How to rip a Windows 7/8 Image using WinPE4.0... by RagingCain