Related Forum Threads
- XoticPC.com, Sager NP9170, playing games and system just shuts off! Last post on 4/15/13 at 12:39pm in Laptops and Netbooks
- building a new pc with $1600 Last post on 7/18/12 at 7:51pm in General Processor Discussions
- weird wdtv live and media server issue Last post on 5/3/12 at 7:40am in HTPC
- Converting old PC to HTPC. What should I be aware of? Last post on 3/30/12 at 12:14am in HTPC
- Help with 500 dollar WoW build Last post on 3/27/12 at 5:30pm in AMD - General
How to rip a Windows 7/8 Image using WinPE4.0 and DISM
Edited on 4/26/13
- AppV Management Console Crashing RepairEdited on 3/19/12
- Antec Three Hundred Vs An Outdated Pc CaseEdited on 1/25/12
Alphabetical Article List
Repair Start-Menu Right Click
SO, you have configured Win7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit) JUST the way you like it, except one small catch, you can't seem to right click inside the Start Menu?
Really simple fix, its just a setting change, and yes it CAN get turned on itself as I discovered.
A lot of suggestions said do a system restore, scan the hard-disk, but this is where you should go to first before deciding Windows has packed in and needs a reformat/repair.
Problem / Symptoms:
Unable to Right Click icons in the Start-Menu.
Unable to Drag/Drop icons in the Start-Menu.
Unable to perform all secondary actions associated with the previous two, such as pinning or deleting.
User/System changed settings on Start-Menu Properties.
How To Fix:
Right-Click the Start-Menu button or ORB if you have Aero Basic/Aero running, and select Properties.
Go to Customize... Button on the Start Menu tab, it should take you to this tab automatically.
Once open, scroll down about halfway, and re-enable Context Menus and Dragging and Dropping. IF it is already enabled but still not working, try disabling, apply, close this all out, and go all the way back in and re-enable it to confirm it changed.
- AppV Management Console Crashing Repair
- › [Various] GTX 780 Reviews 3 seconds ago
- › HX850W for 780 SLI?? 5 seconds ago
- › [CD] Call Of Duty: Ghosts Offical Trailer. (VIDEO) 20 seconds ago
- › [Anand] AMD’s Jaguar Architecture: The CPU Powering Xbox One,... 29 seconds ago
- › [Official] Corsair Carbide Series [200R/300R/400R/500R] Owners Club 35 seconds ago
- › [Hermitage Akihabara] Gigabyte Japan announces motherboard models 45 seconds ago
- › BigFoot Killer 2100 vs Intel EXPI9301CT Network Adapter vs onboard? 56 seconds ago
- › HD on my new build 1 minute ago
- › Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 & i7 3770k doesnt downclock in idle 1 minute ago
- › [Build Log] "900CSQ" - 900D Maxed Out - Everything Watercooled -... 1 minute ago
- › CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3... by TLHarrell
- › Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R1) by junhawng
- › Metro: Last Light - Standard Edition by boredgunner
- › Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 FD-CA-ARC-R2-BL-W Computer Case With... by Alan G
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by DoomDash
- › GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition GV-R787OC-2GD Video Card by VitalShot
- › Crucial Ballistix sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600... by Fieldsweeper
- › Creative 70SB150000000 Sound Card by Fieldsweeper
- › ASUS PB Series PB278Q 27"" 5ms (GTG) WQHD Widescreen LED... by R3apR369
- › SilverStone Aluminum Body ATX Full Tower Computer Case TJ07B -... by R3apR369
- › Rackmount Storage Devices for your mypccase by chriseddins
- › Online free image resizer by morgan0021
- › Maid Service Stroud by jacob5564
- › METRO 2033 STARTUP CRASH FIX WORKS by xiangelo
- › Why are DNS Servers Important? How to make... by exzacklyright
- › Titanium Backup Guide For Newbies by exzacklyright
- › How to install ADB (Android Debug Bridge) by exzacklyright
- › How to take ownership of a file, folder, or... by exzacklyright
- › How to disable the open file security warning... by exzacklyright
- › Clean and Make a USB Bootable Flash Drive for... by exzacklyright