Being a n00b to OCN I have spent a fair amount of time searching Forums, Blogs, posts, etc. There are a lot of great resources for newbies. I did a search for "noob" and learned how to lap a hs, why I can't OC my OEM computer, and lots of other useful info that only a true n00b would appreciate. Try doing a search for "noob" and see how much info you find. I also have included a few links that might be good to read before starting to post. And there will be some really great advice at the end of this blog that only a n00b would appreciate. So make sure before you test any of the links that you read the suggestions at the end.
cliffnote n00b links:
A resource every n00b should read
A Great Overclocking Guide: Basics
Temperatures, Heatsinks, Fans, Monitoring, and More!
Where to find OC Guides
1. And I learned this the hard way. Don't surf away from your blog without posting it or even saving it as a text file on your desktop. You will loose your information.
2. There is a lot of great information in signatures. Don't just read the posts. Pay attention to the signatures. I have found some awesome answers to my questions by following signature links.
3. Duh... don't post your new blog as a comment to your last blog. Yes... still a n00b.
4. You can find the comprehensive version at: http://www.overclock.net/new-members...ions-must.html. It's a whole lot of info, but getting through it all will make your visit a whole lot easier. Shouts out to IEATFISH for the education.
For more information on this subject:
Hope this was helpful.
Currently, there are 2241 Active Users (373 Members and 1868 Guests)
- › Waited for Vega... Then bought 1080ti 29 seconds ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 1 minute ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 5 1600X | 1600 | 1500X | 1400 Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › 7800x vs 7820x for gaming 6 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Display question/buying/dust removing 6 minutes ago
- › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide 9 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 9 minutes ago
- › ASUS Rampage VI Apex (x299) Watch 10 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...