This past week I went to my first screening.
First off we ended up driving the wrong way but we turned around and made it to the theater it was at in an hour. (BARE WITH ME, ITS MY FIRST ANIME REVIEW o_o i've only reviewed games before on another site im part of so this was a bit different)
It was a screening of the anime movie, Sword of the Stranger. Since I'm bad at typing it, here's the basic plot:
Hunted by the Mings from China, young Kotaro and his dog meet a nameless samurai who is constantly being haunted by dreams of the past which lead him to seal his sword. Among the Mings is a fearsome Western fighter named Rarou, who desires only to find a worthy opponent. When both groups clash with a Sengoku-era feudal lord, a proud general, and monks torn between faith and survival, the reason behind the Mings' pursuit tests the bond between Kotaro and Nanashi(no name).
Anyways, back to my own little review of it.
One thing I must say, is the action starts out a little slow, but it is to be expected of course so you can get at least some backstory for the basis of the plot in there. So that wasn't a problem as there was plenty of action and fighting with a fair bit of betrayel, blood, head(s) getting lopped off, and an amazing story of a man sworn never to draw his sword again letting go of his past as time goes on as he becomes more attatched to Kotaro and takes care of him throughout their journey.
The only thing that annoyed me was the dubbed voice of Kotaro. It's a bit whine-ish, but as the movie went on you get use to it and it won't matter.
(Note: I have not seen this movie subbed so I am not comparing the voice choices, also I tend to like dubs more usually)
It was amazing seeing this movie on the big screens and it was definitely worth the $12.
It was a great masterpiece and I intend to buy it on DvD.
If you ever get a chance to go to a screening, TAKE IT, because most likely it'll turn out to be an amazing success.
For my finally notes on this...
Pros: Good Story for such a short movie, Loved the Action and battles, Good character qualitys befitting of them and their stories, BADASS ENDING!!!!!, Decent-Great Dubbing, good background music at points that i thought fit the scene well, some great *** moments, well put together
Cons: Some Annoying Character Dubs, Wish it was longer, not much else to complain about.
OVERALL SCORE: 9/10
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2014 Active Users (348 Members and 1666 Guests)
- › Seasonic Summer Giveaway ! [CLOSE] 6 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › OK Red Team I need help. 1 minute ago
- › August 2017 Foldathon: Monday 21st - Wednesday 23rd - 1200 ET/1600 UTC 2 minutes ago
- › [DSOG] AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 performs almost identically to the AMD... 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 5 minutes ago
- › [Microsoft] XBOX One X - $499 Available Nov 7th 2017 [Updated] 6 minutes ago
- › [CNET] Android Oreo is here and you can get it soon 7 minutes ago
- › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX 7 minutes ago
- › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 8 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...