I JUST finished taking it apart, preparing the whole thing for a pictorial and later on some painting, just thought it would be nice to share my initial thoughts.
First of all, this thing is friggin enormous. I never had a full tower before, but this thing really, it just screams e-****++. It's also very light, because of the aluminum.
Secondly, the paint job is A1. I had planned painting it for a project I'm doing, but turns out there is no use, the paint is a perfect matte black, brushed for additional coolness. If you have painted this thing, you have commited a deadly sin. Seriously, the paint job blew me off my feet, I wasn't expecting that.
Thirdly, this thing is WELL MADE! The entire thing... from the packaging to the accessories included (which are plentiful) are the best I've ever seen. Each type of screw has it's own little bag, everything has it's place. I don't even know why they sold these things at Best Buy, this is truly an enthousiast case, there is no doubt.
I'm half finished disassembling the sucker, which is spectacular considering I've only spent one hour on it. Almost every part is screwed on, really easy to take apart. I've wrapped all the panels, they are getting stored until the chassis is painted. I sense my project is gonna be more epic than I had thought.
The only problem I have run into so far is the rivets... they are teeny tiny, and they look like countersunk rivets... I'm gonna need help from modding pros before I rip the chassis apart for painting.
Really, I'm just overwhelmed by how gorgeous this thing is. For the 110$USD I payed this thing, I was expecting much less. I feel like I've stolen the damned thing. If you can get your hands on one right now, do so, it's a purchase you won't regret.
I need to calm down, I won't be able to get any sleep. Pictorial thread coming tomorrow.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3561 Active Users (934 Members and 2627 Guests)
- › zotac gtx 780 OC 3GB vs powercolo/msi r9 290 4gb 37 seconds ago
- › [Newegg] Sale Samsung Evo 840 500GB $265 + More (Many only 48Hrs) 1 minute ago
- › The NZXT H Series (H630, H440, H230) Club!! 2 minutes ago
- › [Hexus] Lian Li Desk Chassis updated, final versions will launch soon 2 minutes ago
- › [Kitguru] Fractal launches biggest Node ever with the 804 @ Cebit 2 minutes ago
- › Z87X-UD3/4/5/7 & All Other GBT Z87 Including TH... 2 minutes ago
- › Comparison of Windows 7 vs Windows 8 / 8.1 & HT Enabled vs Disabled... 2 minutes ago
- › Mayhems users club 2 minutes ago
- › AMD No longer a viable option for mid-high end? 3 minutes ago
- › GPU Upgrade for the FX8350 3 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop Processor by TheOCNoob
- › MSI Z77 MPOWER Optimized DDR3 2133 16GB Kit (4 x 4GB) Quad Channel... by PROBN4LYFE
- › SteelSeries 9H Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices by Totally Dubbed
- › SteelSeries Siberia Elite Headset with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound... by WilliamGayde
- › Diablotek DA Series PSDA400 400W Power Supply by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › Leopold FC200RR/AB Tenkeyless Linear Touch by Darin
- › VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (Black, Set of 4) by Jolly Roger
- › AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3... by bassman78
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by xploda92
- › Calculating Power Savings from a Platinum PSU by AlphaC
- › EVGA Hadron Air Chassis - Tips &... by Coreda
- › AMD Mantle, CPU Bottlenecks, CPU Limitations,... by RagingCain
- › [Op-ed/Opinion] Why AMD needs an R9 280 or R9... by AlphaC
- › Qosmio x70-75 Overheating Solutions by Arizonian
- › How to maintain and properly setup an SSD in... by Rookie1337
- › How to get the best sound with and properly... by Rookie1337
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace
- › Posting Guidelines for Hardware, Vendor, and... by Chipp