I JUST finished taking it apart, preparing the whole thing for a pictorial and later on some painting, just thought it would be nice to share my initial thoughts.
First of all, this thing is friggin enormous. I never had a full tower before, but this thing really, it just screams e-****++. It's also very light, because of the aluminum.
Secondly, the paint job is A1. I had planned painting it for a project I'm doing, but turns out there is no use, the paint is a perfect matte black, brushed for additional coolness. If you have painted this thing, you have commited a deadly sin. Seriously, the paint job blew me off my feet, I wasn't expecting that.
Thirdly, this thing is WELL MADE! The entire thing... from the packaging to the accessories included (which are plentiful) are the best I've ever seen. Each type of screw has it's own little bag, everything has it's place. I don't even know why they sold these things at Best Buy, this is truly an enthousiast case, there is no doubt.
I'm half finished disassembling the sucker, which is spectacular considering I've only spent one hour on it. Almost every part is screwed on, really easy to take apart. I've wrapped all the panels, they are getting stored until the chassis is painted. I sense my project is gonna be more epic than I had thought.
The only problem I have run into so far is the rivets... they are teeny tiny, and they look like countersunk rivets... I'm gonna need help from modding pros before I rip the chassis apart for painting.
Really, I'm just overwhelmed by how gorgeous this thing is. For the 110$USD I payed this thing, I was expecting much less. I feel like I've stolen the damned thing. If you can get your hands on one right now, do so, it's a purchase you won't regret.
I need to calm down, I won't be able to get any sleep. Pictorial thread coming tomorrow.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2392 Active Users (457 Members and 1935 Guests)
- › [Amazon] Save 45% on Select Manfrotto Tripods 1 minute ago
- › So I think I'm done gaming..... 1 minute ago
- › Official Corsair Hydro Series Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] Project Magis: The Caselabs S5 build I have to give away 3 minutes ago
- › 290 and 290X Litecoin Mining Performance 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] The League of Legends Club 3 minutes ago
- › Is the GTX 760 4GB a worthy upgrade from the Radeon 6850? 3 minutes ago
- › O-Rings on Bitspower fittings, can you see them? And any other... 4 minutes ago
- › FrozenCPU does not reply my mails 4 minutes ago
- › OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 5 minutes ago
- › AKG - K545 - Over-the-Ear Headphones - Black (K545BLK) by Totally Dubbed
- › The Stanley Parable by tpi2007
- › Leopold fc660c Keyboard by Travellerr
- › XSPC AX240 by djthrottleboi
- › AKG K712 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by WhiteWulfe
- › Logitech Wireless Mouse M525 - Black/Grey (910-002696) by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Compound by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Cooler Master GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Sleeve CPU Cooler by Lady Fitzgerald
- › HIS AMD Radeon HD 7950 IceQ Boost Clock 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16... by amd-dude
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 High Performance Headphones by Simca
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace
- › Chat over LAN without cmd using LAN Messenger. by agentoo7
- › Posting Guidelines for Hardware, Vendor, and... by Chipp
- › fan control modding by Dalbaa
- › Why Bonaire is overrated and R7-260X is a... by AlphaC
- › Estimating Fan requirements (draft) by AlphaC
- › Rate My Build by mezzi2010
- › DRAFT : R9 290X compute & workstation by AlphaC
- › Moodle Setup by RUprosprng