I'm sure some of you will think this is mean, others will find it funny.
Our apartment consists of four people, and we get along fine. However, one of our roomates from the start was unwilling to clean up the kitchen and apartment when we told him to. He was the only person who didn't have a meal plan (we live on campus), so made the most use (and mess) of the kitchen. For an entire semester, he would eat the food we got at the grocery store, promise to replace it, and never did.
This semester, one of my normal roomates swapped with a friend of mine and we stopped buying food at the grocery store.
To give you some more info, this semester he has taken to not coming out of his room at all (he had social issues before; "know-it-allism") and started smelling worse and worse. To make a long story short, he ruined one of my cooking pots and we resume the story about three weeks ago.
At this point I decided to pack up the kitchen stuff (all mine and my other roomate's) and put it into the storage unit we rented so there would be less to do later. This started the idea of just depriving him of everything he uses to mooch off us until the end of the semester. Since he has to meal plan he only eats Ramen. I'll go through the plan step-by-step:
Step 1: Remove all cookware except ruined pot which he paid me for.
Step 2: (for the roomate he shares the other bathroom with) Do not replace toilet paper, use public bathroom instead.
Step 3: Remove shower head nozzle so water sprays everywhere.
Step 4: Stop bringing small bags of chips from dining hall (he stole 2-3 a day, thats a few hundred calories he could use to sustain life).
Step 5: Cut off stove, microwave to prevent cooking.
Step 6: Cut off water to kitchen sink, leave only hot water in bathroom.
Step 7: Turn off ice maker, so only hot water can be consumed.
For the last few weeks he hasn't cooked a thing, so I can only assume he is getting Quizno's once a day (only once). My other roomie said he used the bathroom, but still no paper
I'm sure no ice for water or sodas is annoying.
Just figured I'd tell an interesting story about getting back at a roomate. If you get a moocher, take some hints from this.
Currently, there are 1942 Active Users (314 Members and 1628 Guests)
- › [Nvidia] Geforce 385.28 Driver (2017.8.14) 12 seconds ago
- › [TT] CD Projekt RED will make Cyberpunk 2077 feel authentic & stay... 1 minute ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 4 minutes ago
- › [userbenchmark] i9-7920x vs 1920x 6 minutes ago
- › Cross Country Rockit Delid Tool Extravaganza 8 minutes ago
- › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club 9 minutes ago
- › Strix Logo? 9 minutes ago
- › EK releases monoblock for ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 S motherboard! 10 minutes ago
- › EK-Predator Club & Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › What's the difference between Phanteks PH-F140SP and PH-F140MP ? 11 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...