We all knew him as Syrillian.
I knew him as Daniel. On PMs, on occasional emails (all of which I've saved), he always signed his real name; he always called me "brother."
We lost Daniel - Syrillian - last Saturday, August 13, 2011. He succumbed to cancer. But he did not lose his battle against a disease; he fought the good fight by continuing to live the life of a great person, one full of love and compassion and a generosity of wisdom, and he won.
Because he touched us all and left an indelible mark on our hearts and souls, we, too, are also victors.
The subsequent days since the end his stay on this imperfect world, a world now so much poorer since he has been called up to a much better place, prove that one man can make such a gigantic difference in the lives of many. The outpouring of shock, of sorrow, even of anger directed at the cruelty and unfairness of life - I confess that a part of me was indeed very angry these past few days - is no surprise to anybody who knew Daniel.
We lost an artist. Daniel was not an artist so much because of what he can do with metal, acrylic, or whatever else he chose to work with to create such beautiful custom computers. He was an artist because the richness of his soul made the lives of so many people who only touched his life through the internet so much more beautiful. Syrillian made our lives more beautiful.
We lost a friend. Many of us have stories to tell about how his kindness and generosity and wisdom pulled us out of the mire with scant regard for his own comfort or convenience. When you needed someone, Syrillian was there for you, offering some of his wisdom and an abundance of compassion. He was a friend indeed.
I lost one of my OCN brothers.
Heaven is a better place now. And though tears are always at the verge of showing and dropping, I can't help but smile when I think about Syrillian. Daniel, my brother, I'm sure you know how much I admire, respect, and love you.
Until we meet again...
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2280 Active Users (355 Members and 1925 Guests)
- › 2500k + what video card to pair with 1 minute ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 1 minute ago
- › **Official ASUS P5Q PRO Turbo/PRO/Turbo Owners Club** (All ASUS P45... 2 minutes ago
- › Do you have to install physx? 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 7 minutes ago
- › Bottom Intake Fan 13 minutes ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD’s RX Vega 56 and 64’s $399 and $499 Price Tag Was A... 13 minutes ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 14 minutes ago
- › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club 14 minutes ago
- › Razer Atheris 15 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...