So I'm one of those people who hated vista as soon as I got it. Well now that XP SP3 has been crapping itself with frequent blue screens, I thought it was time to finally upgrade. This year I downloaded server 2008 standard x64 from MSDN and I installed it a few weeks ago. Unfortunately not all my hardware was compatible. Since creative fails at supporting its older sound cards I was forced to use my on board sound card.
Surprisingly my on board sound card preforms better in server 08 than my sound blaster in XP. I can hear all of the background noises in GRID now and the graphics are a lot more smoother now that I can use direct X 10
Besides the sound card incompatibility (Creatives fault) I have had no problems with the OS. I already had a lot of alternatives to my applications when I installed vista in the past, so no problems with compatibility for me.
So if you're one of the people that still thinks that Vista sucks hard, consider trying out Server 2008 standard edition.
Currently, there are 2014 Active Users (348 Members and 1666 Guests)
- › Seasonic Summer Giveaway ! [CLOSE] 6 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] PLAYERUNKNOWN's Battlegrounds Information & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › OK Red Team I need help. 1 minute ago
- › August 2017 Foldathon: Monday 21st - Wednesday 23rd - 1200 ET/1600 UTC 2 minutes ago
- › [DSOG] AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 performs almost identically to the AMD... 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 5 minutes ago
- › [Microsoft] XBOX One X - $499 Available Nov 7th 2017 [Updated] 6 minutes ago
- › [CNET] Android Oreo is here and you can get it soon 7 minutes ago
- › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX 7 minutes ago
- › CRYORIG Fan & Cooler Club; R1 Ult, R1 Uni, C1, H5, XF140 & XT140 8 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...