I've had the opportunity to play Brawl. Actually on launch day, when a few of my friends got it, we played from midnight until 9 in the morning. We spent most of the time unlocking characters. It was nuts.
Now that I've played it over at my friends place, I don't seem to like the game as much as I thought I would. Sure, the amount of extra content and 1-player stuff is great, but Brawl feels toned down and slow. The great thing about Melee was the extreme chaos and all the stuff going on at the same time on screen. Brawl is the same thing, although everything feels so slow. The extra characters and stuff make up for it, but just barely. In multiplayer battles, the game is not really a test of skill, but rather of luck. Even without Smash Balls, Nintendo made the game slower to appeal to the general public.
Speaking of the devil (smash balls), I don't like them. They are just another item that gets in the way. Of course, I was one of those who hated items and always turned them off right away. Smash Balls are unnecessary and seem like a gimmick to me. There are final smashes that are a lot better than others (or with secrets, like DK's), but Nintendo could've been more creative with them. For example, Toon Link's final smash should be different than Link's. Sure, a Wolf form would kinda be like copying Ganondorf's, but at least it would be different from the two links. Also, the Star Fox team have the same smash? That makes no sense...doesn't Falco always say that he likes the sky better than the ground? He should be in an Arwing...Wolf should also be in his own fighter pilot...
I guess I'm contradicting myself because I always turn the items off anyway...alas I don't have a copy of SSBB, and I'm ok with that. There are many more things I don't like about Brawl. Alas, the game that would convince me to buy a Wii hasn't, so I don't plan on getting one soon.
I'm sure this entry isn't very organized (as usual) but feel free to comment
I'll go back to practicing my skills in Melee. I'm currently perfecting my Ken Combo, my Link, and my Captain Falcon (KNEE!!).
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2285 Active Users (373 Members and 1912 Guests)
- › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club 7 seconds ago
- › Polaris Bios Editing ( RX5xx / RX4xx ) 1 minute ago
- › New products from Monsoon cooling 1 minute ago
- › [VC] Intel Core i9-7980XE 18-core early benchmarks 1 minute ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 1 minute ago
- › [OFFICIAL] Top 30 Heaven Benchmark 4.0 Scores 2 minutes ago
- › i9 7980XE Reviews - Overclocks better than expected! 2 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Dual M.2 PCIe x8 Card? 4 minutes ago
- › [Japan Times] University of Tokyo pair invent loop-based quantum... 6 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...