If you didn't already know I am having some major problems with installing the SMP client on Vista. Why couldn't it be easier? The whole security behind vista is starting to annoy me tbh
Alright so I changed my permissions so that my account would have elevated status (admin rights) and everything seemed to work better than before. I had my graphical client running at the time of the install. It asked me to close it so I did. Clearly not thinking that the graphical client was set to start-up with Vista, the SMP client told me that it need to restart the computer in order to finalize the changes made. Now it couldn't finalize since the graphical was starting creating a big problem with my computer causing it to BOOT and than it was stuck on a screen displaying "Configuring Stage 3 of 3 (0%)" for about 5 minutes and then it would restart and BOOT again and I let it do this for about 20 more minutes until I realized that the graphical was interfering with the configuration. So I did a system restore to an earlier point and time and it loaded up vista.
I'll uninstall the graphical and see what happens,
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 1507 Active Users (204 Members and 1303 Guests)
- › Should i get the Asus PG348Q? 1 second ago
- › FS: 36GB WD Raptors (US 48) 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5/UD7 Owners Thread/Club 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 ThreadRipper Overclocking / Support 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Screenshot of Your Games Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [BIOS Mod] RX480 -> RX580 Conversions + How-to RX470/RX480 ->... 3 minutes ago
- › GTX 1050 ti not going past 50% ca under stress - Lenovo Legion Y502 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 3 minutes ago
- › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AMD Ryzen Threadripper Owners Club - 1950X | 1920X | 1900X 4 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...