Looking back, I built my computer in mid-2009. It was my first time building a computer, and I was excited about the idea of building a better computer than those pre-built ones, and for less money!
I was intending to build a computer that could play Resident Evil 5, and StarCraft II (whenever THAT game was supposed to come out ). I got a Phenom II 720 and 4850 with it, thinking, "okay, I'm not going to do anything else to this computer." But over the course of two years, I couldn't stop myself from side-grading to an Athlon II because of my the quad craze on OCN, then down to the Athlon II dual core because that's all I thought I needed.
But that's not all I needed... Playing StarCraft II told me I needed something better. I bought another CPU, the Phenom II 840T, a 6-core CPU with two cores disabled (I was able to unlock one core). Now I'm sitting here thinking, "WOW! How much money have I wasted?!" I basically just went around in a circle, and lost money in the process!
What's my point? I CAN'T HELP IT! I now await Bulldozer...
Currently, there are 1994 Active Users (255 Members and 1739 Guests)
- › KDE Neon, System Monitor: Wrong/stuck Average Clock Frequency 43 seconds ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / 4.7GHz... 5 minutes ago
- › Cooler Master Elite M-ITX Case Owners Club 11 minutes ago
- › Is there a decent 15W CPU for desktop? 11 minutes ago
- › TEC Chilled loop project idea 15 minutes ago
- › [Reuters] Best Buy stops sale of Russia-based Kaspersky products 17 minutes ago
- › Rival 110 19 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 19 minutes ago
- › EVGA GTX 970 SSC Gaming ACX 2.0/2.0+/FTW+ 2.0+ Custom UEFI Firmware 19 minutes ago
- › [Official] Overwatch Information and Discussion Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Orico Dual Bay HDD Enclosure by geggeg
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...