These are somewhat strange days of late for me.
I've intimated to a few select OCN friends about the major event demanding my attention; I now wish to disclose it to everyone who might be reading this.
There is a very real danger that I might be laid off by my employer.
I work for a municipal government, and not even we are immune to the very serious financial crisis currently at play. Though nothing is for certain at this point in time, the threat is very serious and is very real. I believe it is only a matter of time before possibility becomes reality.
Whether or not I will become one of the unfortunate ones to find myself jobless is something I do not know at the moment. Suffice it to say that the possibility is large enough for me to want to have a contingency plan in place just in case the worst happens.
As a consequence of this very real threat (for someone who depends on his income to live, which, I suspect, is not something everyone on OCN can truly appreciate at this point in time in their lives), much of my spare time is now devoted to searching for a new job.
I'm pretty sure that nobody really notices my absence from OCN or its Blogs section (well, maybe one or two people do), but this is why I haven't been around too much except to come in for small, three-minute doses at various parts of a given day. It's a pleasant moment's distraction in the face of a serious problem.
Anyway, there it is. I don't honestly know when things will get settled down enough for me to be on OCN the way I want to be, the way I'm supposed to be, but I do know that this is a great community to be a part of. I have huge ambitions and big plans for the AMD Section in my role as the AMD Editor, and thankfully I have the help of a few select collaborators there who have made the job easier (if only because their knowledge is far greater than my own).
When the sand settles, the waters will be clear as once before.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2448 Active Users (445 Members and 2003 Guests)
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 58 seconds ago
- › have my kids taken over my internet? 1 minute ago
- › [ST] Bitcoin Price Update: OVER $2,200! 2 minutes ago
- › [Build Log] Project Frost - Case-Labs THW10 | X99 Watercooled | i7... 3 minutes ago
- › [Newegg] EVGA Supernova G3 80+ Gold 550W full modular PSU $60 ($20... 4 minutes ago
- › Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Owner's Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cannot overclock my 5960X - plenty of features to do so. 4 minutes ago
- › recomend psu for watercooling 5 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Razer Atheris 8 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...