Well what do you know? It worked. I went ahead and corrected my memory to 6-6-6-16 and then ran prime95 for 5.3hours with stable results. Things did get a little toasty at 59C on the core temperature and 55-56C on the CPU.
I still don't know why they are different, on my laptop it seems to be consistently within 1C across the board (although it does have an Intel cpu and not an AMD) , but I do I expect from getting a Dell, almost every single cpu they offer is an Intel.
I'm hoping someone will give me an idea that doesn't involve WC. It's just to expensive and outside of my comfort zone currently. I have been checking out the CoolIt website and some prices and while they appear to rate highly, they are almost as expensive as a full on custom WC solution.
Currently, there are 2085 Active Users (430 Members and 1655 Guests)
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 14 seconds ago
- › Mini ITX Gaming Build - Overclocking (PSU Question) 39 seconds ago
- › [DSOG] AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 performs almost identically to the AMD... 1 minute ago
- › ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread 1 minute ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung monitors of 2016 introduced (Curved, High Resolution,... 2 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic treatment for room. 2 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...