I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3364 Active Users (782 Members and 2582 Guests)
- › [Build Log] TRiCLOPS (HAF-XB, RIVE BE, LIQUID!!!!) (BACK-2-BLAHH) 2 seconds ago
- › Ivy Bridge E Owners Club 13 seconds ago
- › [OFFICAL] XEON OC Database Thread 14 seconds ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 53 seconds ago
- › [Scratch Build] Mini Watercooled HTPC - Mosquito - Updated 29th,... 57 seconds ago
- › Which TIM 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 980 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › "Bird Chirping" Noise from computer case. 1 minute ago
- › [Kotaku] YouTube Finally Supports 60FPS, And It Looks Awesome 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club 2 minutes ago
- › Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case... by Skye12977
- › Phanteks PWM Fan Hub Controller (PH-PWHUB_01) by DaveLT
- › Silverstone Tek 120 x120 x 25mm 1500 RPM Air Penetrator and Air... by DaveLT
- › Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 Processor by JoeDirt
- › Prolimatech MK-26 Universal VGA Cooler (ATI and NVIDIA) by JoeDirt
- › Prolimatech PRO-PK3-5G Nano Aluminum High-Grade Thermal Compound in... by JoeDirt
- › Phobya Vintage Matte Black Quick Disconnect Compression Fitting by Grey Beard
- › Cooler Master Nepton 280L - Water Cooling System with Dual JetFlo... by MalcolmM
- › Logitech G27 Racing Wheel by XanderTheGoober
- › ASUS Maximus V EXTREME Extended ATX Intel Motherboard by Nfsdude0125
- › My Dream PC under $10,000 By: iRyanSparkz YT
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine