I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3287 Active Users (751 Members and 2536 Guests)
- › Haswell Overclocking Thread [With Statistics] 36 seconds ago
- › Keyboard Suggestion Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Performance from 32bit to 64bit 1 minute ago
- › Dragon Age: Inquisition trailer and screenshots show wild new... 1 minute ago
- › [TW]Invisible Russian cyberweapon stalked US and Ukraine since... 1 minute ago
- › [Official] The Korean PLS Monitor Club (Qnix & X-Star) 1 minute ago
- › Do minilaptops exist anymore? 2 minutes ago
- › Good post apocalyptic games? 2 minutes ago
- › [ASUS] Update: 27" 1440P GSYNC 120Hz RoG Monitor at CES 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 290X / 290 Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Diablotek DA Series PSDA400 400W Power Supply by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › 120GB SSDNOW V300 SATA 3 2.5 W/ADAPTER by buzzbuzzbuzz
- › SteelSeries 9H Gaming Headset for PC, Mac, and Mobile Devices by WilliamGayde
- › Leopold FC200RR/AB Tenkeyless Linear Touch by Darin
- › VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer (Black, Set of 4) by Jolly Roger
- › AMD CPU HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz AM3... by bassman78
- › ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms (GTG) Widescreen LED Backlight LCD... by xploda92
- › BIOSTAR A88M Ver. 6.2 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail by kosynth
- › Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 20" 16ms LCD Monitor by Dan-H
- › SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard by WilliamGayde
- › Hay Day Cheat 2014 For Android iOs by jackmwkams
- › Calculating Power Savings from a Platinum PSU by AlphaC
- › EVGA Hadron Air Chassis - Tips &... by Coreda
- › AMD Mantle, CPU Bottlenecks, CPU Limitations,... by RagingCain
- › [Op-ed/Opinion] Why AMD needs an R9 280 or R9... by AlphaC
- › Qosmio x70-75 Overheating Solutions by Arizonian
- › How to maintain and properly setup an SSD in... by Rookie1337
- › How to get the best sound with and properly... by Rookie1337
- › H2O vs. LN2 by Slinky PC
- › Optimal Placement for Your Rig by twistedspace