I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2481 Active Users (513 Members and 1968 Guests)
- › Does EK Make a CSQ Triple bridge for dual cards? 58 seconds ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA Titan X Pascal Owners Thread 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Radeon RX480/470/460 Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › EK Club 2 minutes ago
- › Does anyone manufacture cases w/top-mounted PSU's anymore? 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1070 Owner's Club 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS GTX 980 Reference Card =IMMACULATE CONDITION= (Three Available) 3 minutes ago
- › Simple Overclocking Question 4 minutes ago
- › ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread (North... 4 minutes ago
- › EK-Predator Club & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Kanto YU3 4" 2-Way Powered Bookshelf Speakers with aptX... by SightUp
- › Corsair Commander Mini by d0mini
- › Toshiba Satellite C55-B C55-B5296 15.6" LED (TruBrite)... by Skye12977
- › Fnatic Rush G1 by Paradigm84
- › Umi Max 4G Phablet by jojoenglish85
- › Tesoro Gram Spectrum by geggeg
- › Cooler Master Master Box 5 by WilliamGayde
- › be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 by Jedson3614
- › HP Z27s 27-inch IPS UHD Display by WilliamGayde
- › Nintendo Wii U by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...