I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3004 Active Users (643 Members and 2361 Guests)
- › Is gtx 980 sli playable on 4k? 14 seconds ago
- › A small demonstration of how Ultrawide... 15 seconds ago
- › 970 sli 1.5Ghz (+130Mhz OC) overclock makes the gpu usage and fps... 37 seconds ago
- › Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 "Overclocking" RAM to advertised speed 43 seconds ago
- › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. 48 seconds ago
- › [Chiphell] [wccftech] Nvidia GM200 Titan 2, AMD Fiji 380X and... 1 minute ago
- › FX-8320 Stuck at 4.5 Ghz 1 minute ago
- › Official Computer Room Pics 1 minute ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 1 minute ago
- › [CorsairForums] Corsair announces that it will continue to sell... 1 minute ago
- › Corsair Commander Mini by aka13
- › Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK by geggeg
- › AOC E1759fwu 17-Inch Class, USB 3.0 Powered, Portable LCD / LED... by WilliamGayde
- › MSI Z97-Gaming 5 ATX Intel Motherboard by MunchenOC
- › ACER 28IN LED 3840X2160 B286HK YMJDPPRZ HDMI DVI BLK 2MS /... by Ironman517
- › Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 CC-9011034-WLED Computer Case by bilbs84
- › EK Waterblocks EK-FC770 GTX - Nickel by bilbs84
- › Phobya Balancer 250 Silver Nickel by bilbs84
- › Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Chassis with Window Cases PH-ES614P by Nomadskid
- › Koss ProDJ100 Headphones by Droviin
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine