I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 3157 Active Users (604 Members and 2553 Guests)
- › Am I alright running my CPU like this regularly? 10 seconds ago
- › Fastest machine a $1000 could buy! 14 seconds ago
- › Mid-quality PSU for r9 290 crossfire 38 seconds ago
- › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock... 1 minute ago
- › Asus Rampage V Extreme Owners thread 2 minutes ago
- › [techland] Dying Light CPU Optimization Patch on its way! 3 minutes ago
- › [TechCrunch] Former Opera CEO Launches Vivaldi, A New Browser For... 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Elite: Dangerous Information and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club 5 minutes ago
- › [Official] EVGA 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Owner's Club 5 minutes ago
- › Intel Pentium G2030 / 3 GHz processor by Kosenator
- › XSPC Raystorm CPU Block for Intel Socket LGA 775, 1156, 1155, 1366,... by ffhammack
- › XSPC D5 reservoir by ffhammack
- › XSPC EX240 by ffhammack
- › FinalMouse 2015 by kaptchka
- › EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Classified Video Card by vargus14
- › Xfx Radeon HD 4870x2 by cvin
- › VisionTek USB Pocket SSD 120GB by WilliamGayde
- › Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 Quad-Core Desktop... by dennphill
- › Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz LGA 2011 Six-Core Desktop Processor by DamselinDistres
- › The Minecraft Server "Ok" Minimum
- › nVidia/AMD Graphics Cards BSOD 116/1033 Fix |...
- › To built a 4k monitor gaming rig - what type...
- › What Could Have Been - The PlayStation 4 APU
- › How to Get Linux Ubuntu Working with a GTX970...
- › The 2014 Year In Tech
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend