I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2022 Active Users (456 Members and 1566 Guests)
- › [Guru3D] Corsair introduces Carbide Air 240, Graphite 380T and 780T 32 seconds ago
- › Silverstone Sugo SG08 / SG08-Lite Owners Club 48 seconds ago
- › [AV-TEST] 17 software packages in a repair performance test after... 1 minute ago
- › Anyone else feel like GPUs are just way too pricey for the actual... 1 minute ago
- › [Official] - Xeon X5660-X58 Full Review, Discussion & Comparison to... 1 minute ago
- › SLI gives worse FPS than non sli 2 minutes ago
- › [ASUS] Update: 27" 1440P GSYNC 120Hz RoG Monitor at CES 4 minutes ago
- › New Logitech G502 Proteus Core ! 4 minutes ago
- › Any improvements? 5 minutes ago
- › GTX 780 Underperforming? 5 minutes ago
- › Lian Li PC-Q03B Computer Case by magic8192
- › USM EASYSWAP Storage Bay Adapter - Internal - Black by Pleco
- › Swiftech H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by WilliamGayde
- › Enermax Revolution87+ 1000 Watts Gold Certified Power Supply... by Gregory14
- › Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD by WilliamGayde
- › Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 1866 2x4gb by oldcompgeek
- › CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply by TheN00bBuilder
- › AMD A4-3300 APU with AMD Radeon 6410 HD Graphics 2.5GHz Socket FM1... by newbiegeekie
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System (Black) by t522
- › powercom SMK-2000A UPS by Zero4549
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine
- › Really long term project: Conversion from...
- › What I expect from Nvidia's Maxwell -...
- › mmm...my old graphiccard ... trow it, no...