I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2989 Active Users (542 Members and 2447 Guests)
- › *Reminder* The REP System & Its Proper Usage 2 seconds ago
- › GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ┌(ô益ô)┐ 49 seconds ago
- › [Giveaway] Humble Ubisoft Bundle (Leftovers) 59 seconds ago
- › R9 390 Heaven Benchmarks (show yours!) 1 minute ago
- › Nvidia GTX 900 cards custom bios (upon request ) 2 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 3 minutes ago
- › Finalmouse Scream One Unveiled by Scream 3 minutes ago
- › USB mouse hard overclocking (2000 Hz+) 3 minutes ago
- › What mouse to choose out of these razer mice, please help me decide. 4 minutes ago
- › [Ars] E-cigs shut down hundreds of immune system genes—regular cigs... 4 minutes ago
- › BenQ XL2730Z 144Hz 1ms 27 inch Gaming Monitor with High Resolution... by Steeps5
- › Phanteks 850RPM Case Fan Blades 20030mm Fan Retail Cooling... by MadjinnSayan
- › Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by Nick-F
- › Lamptron Fan Controller FC-5 Black Version 2, Changeable Display... by Ultisym
- › TR TY-147 140 mm, 2 ball bearing fan, low noise emission. by MadjinnSayan
- › AeroCool Shark 140mm Case cooler by Alastair
- › BitFenix Spectre Pro BFF-LPRO-23030B-RP Blue LED Case Fan by Alastair
- › HD 429S - Headset ( Ohrenschale ) by obikenobi27
- › AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz (4.0GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ Eight-Core Desktop... by MatthewGB
- › CORSAIR CX600M 600W Power Supply by MatthewGB
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...
- › P5K-VM chassis intrusion hardware fix