I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2368 Active Users (460 Members and 1908 Guests)
- › Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes... 3 seconds ago
- › Current 4790k stock 1 minute ago
- › Build Log - [Millennium] - Mercury S8S 4 minutes ago
- › [Hexus]AMD Radeon WattMan overclocking tool details leak 5 minutes ago
- › Antergos - a short review 5 minutes ago
- › [S/A] Serious problem hits Nvidia’s consumer Pascal GPUs 6 minutes ago
- › Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB making noise 6 minutes ago
- › Polaris Owners Thread? 6 minutes ago
- › [WCCF] AMD RX 480 Can Hit 1.5Ghz+, New Overclocking Tool With... 7 minutes ago
- › Silicon Lottery 6700K @ 4.9GHz 7 minutes ago
- › PNY CS2211 by Jedson3614
- › Ubuntu MATE 16.04 by DownshiftArtist
- › Netgear Nighthawk x4 AC2200 by Jedson3614
- › PNY Anarchy X 16GB 2800MHz by Jedson3614
- › Asus X99-A II by ondoy
- › Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Chrome) by Plastic Noise
- › Creative Sound Blaster X H5 by Jedson3614
- › PNY GTX 960 XLR8 by Jedson3614
- › Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire Mechanical Keyboard by WilliamGayde
- › Sound Blaster X G5 by Jedson3614
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...
- › Intel Core i7 4790K Energy Efficiency
- › Multi Tasking on Intel Haswell CPU's
- › Intel Hyper Threading - Performance Scaling...
- › Intel Core i3 vs Core i5 vs Core i7: Gaming...
- › The Witcher 3 v1.08 - Performance Test
- › Overclock Labs - Community Review Program...