I don't like how a rig will be outdated within like 2 years, 3 - 4 at most.
Just 4 years ago I blew $1000 on a P4 2.6Ghz configuration with a ATI Radeon 9200 which has like 3 shaders, and like half a gig of RAM.
Now look at today.. that system can't play any games and has troubles loading the programs of today. Firefox and MSN still work.. so I'm thankful for that. But I can't video convert and stuff with today's programs without massive lag!
And then two years ago, 2 years after that, goes $700 into an E4400, asus p5b, 8800GT (I think, not sure), 320GB HD, and some other toys. Now that is outdated and raped by the quads- can just barely handle the games of today. Just 2 months ago, this rig randomly fried. ^_^
Last month, I blow about another thousand on my E8400 with the HS-1283 Xigmantek cooler, p5q, 4GB 1066 RAM, 500GB 32MB Seagate, and gtx 260 core 216, that makes really annoying squealing noises as if crysis was actually raping it with the big penis of crytek, while I play that.
Ahh, think of all the other uses this money could be good for.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2825 Active Users (580 Members and 2245 Guests)
- › [EVGA] Evga GTX 980 Classified 7 seconds ago
- › [Official] Star Citizen Information & Discussion Thread 10 seconds ago
- › If I want a 6 or 8 core chip, am I forced to go with DDR4? 10 seconds ago
- › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 970 Owner's Club 14 seconds ago
- › Question regarding mouse acceleration 49 seconds ago
- › [DSO/Bioware]Dragon Age Inquisition is using new Denuvo DRM / anti... 50 seconds ago
- › Is the AMD 7850 viable for 4k gaming and general use? 51 seconds ago
- › [Assassin's Creed] Assassin's Creed Unity Patch 3 Rollout Begins... 1 minute ago
- › MSI Z77 MPower Board unexpected shutoff after 4 years running 1 minute ago
- › quietest 980 air cooled card??? 1 minute ago
- › APEVIA X-Sniper X-SNIPER2-GN Computer Case With Side Panel Window by darkapollo
- › Noppoo "Lolita" Red Backlight Edition w/ Noppoo's... by DatLoudTyper
- › ROCCAT Kone Pure Core Performance 8200DPI Pro-Aim R3 Laser Sensor... by HengHoot
- › Ducky Zero Shine Zone DK2108SZ by HengHoot
- › Evercool SB-F1 Case Cooling Fan by Gareth Ward
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear... by hollowtek
- › Fractal Design FD-CA-ARC-XL-BL-W Computer Case by WilliamGayde
- › Aquacomputer Airplex Modularity System 360mm Radiator by sunyata
- › Phobya Balancer 250 Silver Nickel by sunyata
- › Bitspower 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD G1/4'' Compression... by sunyata
- › Editors Pick Deals - Black Friday 2014
- › How to Solder Electronics
- › Broken CM Storm Xornet scroll wheel
- › A Troubling Trend
- › The Truth About FPS
- › My First Case Mod!
- › GPU and CPU power connections
- › A Guide on how to fix Heat Problems
- › [Linux] How to enable backlight control and...
- › How To: Activate a 2012/2012 R2 Virtual Machine