- The website, products and services of Overclock.net are provided “as is” and "AS AVAILABLE". The Company disclaims any and all representations and warranties, whether express or implied. The Company does not and cannot guarantee any specific results from use of the service. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU USE THIS SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- The Company does not control and is not responsible and is not liable in any manner for any content submitted to the service.
- The Company is not responsible for the content or conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the service or other site or services that may be referenced, or linked to, in the service. Further, you understand and acknowledge that by using the service you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the service at your own risk.
- The Company may terminate your account, delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the service and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the service for any reason, or no reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
- All deals conducted in the For Sale/Wanted section, or any other area within Overclock.net or with Overclock.net users via any other means are solely between the participants. Overclock.net is not responsible and will not get involved.
Your usage of Overclock.net is contingent on the following:
- You positively contribute to the forum and its membership
- You aid in maintaining a friendly and professional atmosphere
- You live within the rules and regulations set out by Overclock.net
- You respect the site, its management and its members
- You do not troll or attempt to stir up trouble within the community
- You do not accrue more than 20 active infraction points OR 10 total infractions.
||Advertising/Promotion/Commercial Use ||
You ARE NOT allowed to use Overclock.net to:
- Advertise or promote products and/or services that you or someone you know has an "interest" in. This includes linking to a personal website.
- Display affiliate links of any kind
- Copy content, images or any other Company assets (in part or in whole)
- Recruit people for other websites/projects/jobs or any other reason
||Posting Content and Assets||
By posting content:
- You are solely responsible for the content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, "submit") on or through the service, or transmit to or share with other users. You have confirmed that the content you submit complies with your local laws and with the laws of Canada and the US.
- The service is not and shall not function as an archive. We have no liability to you or any other person for loss, damage, or destruction to your content. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any content you post or store on the service or provide to us.
||Ownership of Content Submissions||
You may NOT:
- Create multiple accounts for any reason
- Abuse, harass, threaten or intimidate other Overclock.net users
- Give reputation to anyone else who shares a computer with you or that you personally know
- Give reputation to someone for the purposes of artificially inflating their reputation or for any other reason other than to reward a post that benefits the forum and its members
- Misrepresent yourself as being staff from Overclock.net or anyone else who you are not
- Make your login credentials or other sensitive account information available to others by any means, for any reason. Post or transmit any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Overclock.net user.
- Post or transmit any content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party. This includes the use of symbols, abbreviations, or acronyms to circumvent the no profanity rule.
- Post personally identifiable information or anything else that may jeopardize your privacy and/or safety or that of others
- Post questions/remarks relating to a member being banned from the Overclock.net service. Please contact overclock.net staff directly.
- Post questions/remarks pertaining to infractions, warnings or deleted posts. Please contact overclock.net staff directly.
- Partake in discussions about politics, race or religion or promote your own views in this area through any other means
- Have a signature that exceeds 8 lines in length, or use larger than # 3 font in signatures.
- Ask for price appraisals outside of the Appraisals forum. This is viewed as circumventing the forum's For Sale/Trade rules.
- Ask for reputation
- Offer reputation for any reason
- Post external links in your profile or signature
- Negatively comment on products or prices of the products posted in the For Sale section
- Discuss the circumvention of security-related applications
- Discuss any other action, substance, or product that is deemed to be illegal in either the US/Canada or the municipality in which you reside.
- Ask for free parts or services. (No cyber begging)
- PM members with the intent to sell items or services.
- Mass edit/delete your own posts. Overclock.net reserves the right to revert any edited post.
- Intentionally block, remove, or otherwise obstruct the proper functioning and view of advertisements, and/or user interface and functionality by other users.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit the functionality of, or enable unauthorized access to any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission.
- Not to access, collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities described in this “User Conduct” section.
You are EXPECTED to:
- Edit your posts for spelling and grammar. Overclock.net's usability depends on this.
- Use capitalization
- No excessive Internet jargon
- Use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Communicate in English only
- Treat others with respect at all times
- Maintain an environment that is friendly to all ages
- No swearing, racy images etc.
- Post new threads within the most applicable section of the site
- Post factual information
- Link to internal sources of information before linking to external sources - if the information is comparable
||Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability ||
You agree to indemnify the Company, its directors, employees, owners, agents, and users from any liability resulting from your use of this service or its content or other materials thereon. In no event will the Company, its directors, employees, owners, agents, or users be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages, including lost profit, goodwill, or other loss, be it tangible or intangible, arising from your use of this service or any content or other materials thereon, even if the Company has been advised or was otherwise aware of the possibility of such damage. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the Company's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will be at all times limited to the amount actually paid by you, if any, to use the service, not to exceed one-thousand United States dollars. You further acknowledge that if no fees are paid to the Company to use this service, you are limited to injunctive relief only, and are not entitled to damages from the Company regardless of your cause of action.
IN ADDITION, THE COMPANY DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT (A) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE THEY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; (B) THAT ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR USER OF THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF ERROR, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (C) THAT ERRORS IN FUNCTIONALITY OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
||Governing Law, Venue and Jurisdiction||
||Other Terms and Conditions||
If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue to be valid and enforceable in full force and effect.