Why as PC gamers do we feel the need to belittle other gamers of other platforms just because they choose to not game on our platform or by our methods?
Do they not have the right to enjoy their life, the way they legally want to, without harassment?
Why do we feel the need to tell a gamer that using a control pad means that they suck, despite their own previous experience that nobody could have a hope of even knowing without actually knowing them, or having even played with them?
Does it really matter how they play? If they're comfortable and enjoying themselves what difference does it make to you? Would you rather play wit a happy gamer, or a frustrated gamer?
Why do we feel the need to make a point that PC games have higher resolution and higher frames per second and mods when consoles don't? We all know that PCs are capable of great things, alot of gamers across all platforms know this too. So why does it always lead to general asshattery whenever someone mentions a console to a PC gamer?
Do we really need to justify the amount of money we have spent on our rigs by bashing people who play on another platform or who uses a different input device? By poking at the things they can't do that we can? Do we really have to set the standard so high just so another gamer can have fun?
Is it really that important to our egos?
We all have the freedom to do whatever we want in life, that's why we game on a PC, because we have a degree of freedom. A degree of freedom that some say is potentially killing the PC gaming industry off, while others argue it makes PC gaming stronger.
But other people also have the freedom to game on their platform of choice, their control device of choice, at their own resolutions.
Sometimes restriction is a good thing, because the more you get the more you want, and when you don't get what you expect it causes frustration, people will stamp their feet in unison and cry about what they haven't got.
"Why have you forgotten about us?!"
Gaming has moved forward to a different evolution. No amount of tears are going to be wiped. PC gaming is far from dead, but now there are also other platforms that divide gamers rather than bring them together.
But then these platforms are hardly a new concept. Consoles have been around for years. Is it because technology and the internet has evolved so much that a divide has been drawn?
Me, as a PC and console gamer, I'm greatful to be someone who has the best of everything. Someone who can appreciate something for what it is, not for what it isn't.
Certainly not everyone can be in that boat, and I can respect that for certain. But before you look down on someone else for their choices and preferences in life just sit back and think about it. You make your own choices and have your own preferences too.
I'm sure you would want other people to respect them.
Please note articles posted on my blog are solely the opinion of myself, and myself only. Please do not take anything as literal fact.
Currently, there are 2271 Active Users (337 Members and 1934 Guests)
- › EK Dbay D5 MX fluid requirements 2 minutes ago
- › EVGA step-up on open box GPUs? 2 minutes ago
- › *Official* Intel DDR4 24/7 Memory Stability Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 4 minutes ago
- › [Official] Fractal Design Case Club 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade current PC or new build for 4K? 4 minutes ago
- › VRM on the new AM4 motherboards 8 minutes ago
- › AIO vs custom loop 13 minutes ago
- › [Various] RX Vega 64 & 56 Reviews 13 minutes ago
- › Phanteks PH-F140MP_BBK_PWM 140mm fan by AlphaC
- › Seasonic Flagship PRIME SERIES SSR-1200PD 1200W PLATINUM FULL... by mllrkllr88
- › Corsair Obsidian 750D Computer Case With Side Panel Window by The_Rocker
- › Asus Xonar Essence STX 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card by The_Rocker
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by The_Rocker
- › Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W... by foofer1233
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Hands-On: TCL 55″ P-Series 4K HDR TV is...
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...