Ok now on to the difficult subject of the mod itself. I am feeling cheap and inexperienced, so I have opted to do the pre-mod case window for this computer. Colors so far are purple and yellow, since I like purple, and my mobo is done in mostly yellow UV reactive slots and black mainboard.
That black and yellow scheme got me thinking. It is a simple color paring often associated (be me) with industrial warning signs. It was at that point that I stumbled upon this . I like yellow kinda. And I know I like Fallout 3, so what to do what to do? Ah! Of course! Make a rig themed around fallout and radiation...ness.
My plans as they stand right now are to put two sets of dual Logysis cathodes (UV and Purple) on the inside edge of the case window, run all PS cables that dont get threaded through the back through this on the bottom of the case, and hopefully not make it look like a spider nest.
The LED fan will be removed from the window and replaced with something like this because it is mostly clear and silent. Although the wholly clear Antec offering might do the trick when coupled with the Sunbeam Rheobus fan controller that is slotted for the second front drive....slot. Im also planning to pop the LEDs out of the controller knobs, and according to what Ive read, one can just pull the knobs off and pry the LEDs out, but Ill figure that out when the parts get here.
Im planning to put a Kama Mini Thermometer inside the case for fun and basically unreliable ambient temperature readings. Also on the inside, maybe on part of the drive bays or next to the mobo...maybe a glow in the dark case badge, Ill put a radiation symbol. My other option right now is a translucent case window sticker, which I would probably keep the backing on, fix to the back of the case...somehow and in some location, and make it look aged. The way to do this stuff I would have to figure out...havent got past planning yet. I would also like to put one or maybe more images of Vault Boy somewhere on the case, maybe one of these. Perhaps as a sort of case badge or window sticker...ideas?
I would also like to put a Vault Tec Logo somewhere on the case. If it would be possibe, perhaps as a replacement for the metal NZXT badge on the front of the case.
That's all Ive got for now, ideas/comments/suggestions always welcome.
Currently, there are 2163 Active Users (338 Members and 1825 Guests)
- › New Ninox mouse "Ninox Astrum" - with swapable shells 7 seconds ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 5 1600X | 1600 | 1500X | 1400 Owners Club 8 seconds ago
- › [Official] AMD R9 390/390X Owners Club 12 seconds ago
- › AMD X399 (Socket TR4) VRM thread 1 minute ago
- › [Official] Case Labs Owners Club 1 minute ago
- › Waited for Vega... Then bought 1080ti 2 minutes ago
- › *OFFICIAL* Parvum Systems Owners Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Delidded Club / Guide 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 2 minutes ago
- › [WCCFTech] AMD’s RX Vega 56 and 64’s $399 and $499 Price Tag Was A... 3 minutes ago
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › Manjaro Linux XFCE 64bit (Latest Version) Arch based linux by AlphaC
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...