So I got my new Phenom II x4 965 a week ago right? Took it out of the box, slathered a small amount of MX-4 on it, placed it into my Foxconn Destroyer in place of an old Phenom x4 9850 BE which I had overclocked to it's max stable 3.2ghz and then mounted the CM Hyper 212 Plus to it.
OC'd to 4 ghz via minor volt boost of 1.39 and multiplier to 20x200, RAM set to auto 1066mhz and 1.8.
So I go into the BIOS and change everything from the bclock to the voltages to the RAM timings several times - hitting the little yellow and black reset and clear CMOS buttons as I went - all to no avail. Then I thought to myself: What if my RAM has to be set to DDR2800 and 1.8v to be stable with 4ghz?
I can has stable? Yesh. I believe so.
Now, to OC the HT and boost the RAM AND the CPU to a respectable speed alltogether - but not until I get more MX-4.
Currently, there are 1877 Active Users (255 Members and 1622 Guests)
- › GTX 1080 performance issue 1 minute ago
- › Paracord Mice Cable - made by CeeSA 1 minute ago
- › Ryzen 3 PC crashing/ powering down 7 minutes ago
- › [Blur Busters] 480 Hz Monitor Prototype Now at Blur Busters! 7 minutes ago
- › [Sponsored] FrostyBoy 10 minutes ago
- › OCN Aquaero Owners Club 11 minutes ago
- › [watercool] Heatkiller for AMDs TR4 13 minutes ago
- › [Official] - X58 Xeon Club - 13 minutes ago
- › Acoustic treatment for room. 16 minutes ago
- › Corsair Obsidian 250D Club 16 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...