This last Saturday night I spent about 3 hours or more rerouting all my cabling and wiring in my tower, most of that was spent trying to figure out how to do it. Needless to say, the interior is much cleaner now and has much better air flow.
I had an idea that Sunday morning, after having read several reviews regarding the testing of air cooled cpu heatsinks, I noticed they all had one thing in common, a controlled environment. It didn't matter what the ambient temperature was, most were ~24-28C, they were all controlled, this was the one thing I didn't have. I figured out that if I couldn't control the room temperature with the same precision as they did, I'd do the next best thing, turn a fan on high and direct it at my tower. Well what do you know, it worked, my average temperature after running a prime95 torture test was 54C after 3 hours. At the same time I was running a FurMark stability test on my GPU (71C average). I do believe I may have this stock frequency temperature issue resolved now.
Ok, now with the ambient being 27C (80F), the cpu idling is running at 34C (93F), that's just 7C above ambient. The cpu at load is 54C (129F) and the maximum temperature for this cpu per AMD is 62C (144F). Remember I have an external tower, oscillating fan going full blast at my case to get these numbers. So at this point I would have to say LET THE OVERCLOCKING COMMENCE.
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2373 Active Users (453 Members and 1920 Guests)
- › Is it possible to mod the scroll wheel of the Logitech G Pro to... 1 minute ago
- › [Various] 6C Coffee Lake Lineup: i7-8700K & i5-8600K / CPU-Z +... 2 minutes ago
- › [PCGamesN]AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing” 2 minutes ago
- › My experience with the Asus PRIME X370-Pro 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club 2 minutes ago
- › [Official] Galax (Galaxy / KFA2) HOF Owner's Club 4 minutes ago
- › [Square-Enix] Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood benchmark 7 minutes ago
- › Skylake-X/Kaby Lake-X Combined Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › [Giveaway] Humble Spooky Horror Bundle Leftovers. 8 minutes ago
- › ASUS Prime X370 Pro 8 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...