In my last post on the nature of gaming I spoke about the quote; "A man chooses, a slave obeys". This quote comes from a popular PC/Console game set in a dystopic underwater world. This quote got me thinking about the differences between PC gaming and console gaming. I consider myself primarily a PC gamer with consoles being a main stream imitation of PC gaming.
It can be considered that a true gamer is a PC gamer. Why is this? Because to be a PC gamer it requires hassle. Firstly the person must have a decent computer to run the latest games, yet a console is simple and can run all the games developed for it. Secondly you insert a disk into a console and play the game, yet with a PC you have to undergo an installation process that can be gruelling. Due to the fact that consoles are easier it makes them more mainstream. The PC gamer on the other hand is a dedicated person to the art of gaming who will overcome technically challenging installation processes and technical complications in order to achieve the ultimate enlightenment of success. This is what truly makes a gamer. There is a large difference between the 'fake gamer' (console gamers) and the 'true gamer' (PC gamer) in their dedication to gaming and overcoming difficulties resulting in a utopia of enjoyment.
Over the years of my gaming adventures I have noticed the obsession PC gamers have in comparison to a console gamer. For example a PC gamer would be obsessive about all the possible statistics, data, items, weapons and guides ect ect. The PC gamer would use the vast World Wide Web to gain knowledge of their chosen game to maximize their ability to play that game. Yet a console gamer lacks this obsession and as a result gaming is just a past time to them not a lifestyle.
The Opinion of gaming
It is of my personal opinion that: Console gaming is a simplified version of PC gaming, with a simplified version of a PC in order to mains stream gaming. I then believe that a PC gamer can play consoles, but to be a dedicated PC gamer must spend most of their time on a PC. Of course this is just my opinion, and all the console gamers I know of course disagree. But then again they know nothing of PC gaming!!!
Will consoles be the death of PC gaming? Will the mainstream takeover of consoles be enough to convert the industry from the beautiful world we created for the not technically challenged people? But inevitably is console gaming going to benefit the whole gaming industry?
My final question is now; what are your views on the ‘true’ vs. the ‘fake’ gaming?
Alphabetical Article List
Currently, there are 2212 Active Users (393 Members and 1819 Guests)
- › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! 20 seconds ago
- › Ryzen Threadripper 1950X in my sights 1 minute ago
- › ASUS X299 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samsung SM961 NVMe Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vega Frontier / RX Vega Owners/Info thread. 4 minutes ago
- › [Various] Asus Strix Vega Tested 5 minutes ago
- › SteelSeries Rival & Sensei 310 Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › [Videocardz] ASUS X399 Motherboard: ZENITH EXTREME 5 minutes ago
- › [OFFICIAL] FX-8320/FX-8350 Vishera Owners Club 6 minutes ago
- › how is windows 10 on 1700x now? 7 minutes ago
- › Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 1 LGA 2011 Processor - BX80619I73930K by powerhouse
- › HDPLEX H5 Fanless Computer Chassis by michelme67
- › Nuance Power PDF Standard by Lady Fitzgerald
- › ID-COOLING SE214L Snow Edition CPU Heatsink by DaveLT
- › Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)... by ADmodz
- › Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 (Dark Silver) (920-003366) by enes13mes
- › PDF Studio 12 - Advanced PDF Editor for Windows - Pro Edition... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Brand New Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 Portable Document Scanner... by Lady Fitzgerald
- › Tecware Phantom Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red / White Backlit... by DaveLT
- › Allsop XL Mouse Pad- Raindrop Blue by neilyo
- › (OPINION) AMD shot themselves in the foot by...
- › The Best CPUs of 1H 2017 (DRAFT)
- › AM4 Motherboard manufacturers , make...
- › AsRock, you dissapointed me on Ryzen launch...
- › Why 240GB, 250GB , 256GB, and 275GB SATA3 SSD...
- › The Orion Spectrum: Everything You Need from...
- › Windows 10 Tweaks
- › Analyzing the Source Code of UEFI for Intel...
- › Overclock.net Counter Strike: Global...
- › DIY: How to do a fiber optic mechanical...